DIY down sleeping bag

Link will not work for me to view it. However I assume someone shows how to make a sleeping bag. I have never personally seen a home made sleeing bag but MANY people make down quilts. In the hammock world they are always making thier own top and bottom down quilts.

OP
WyoBowhunter21
Check out the DIY tent bivy too. He got it down to 19 oz and its a pretty slick looking shelter. I am going to try and make one. The sleeping bag looks way easy to make.

sk1

WKR
doesnt look too difficult, smart idea, most people have a cheap bag laying around, i know i do

Lukem

WKR
I've got a 60degree Slumberjack that I've been thinking about doing this to. Might have to try.

Lukem

WKR
Did a little looking, my bag weighs 28 oz already. It's uninsulated so I'd only be adding to the weight. It has a really heavy liner in the inside that really can't be removed. Might have to think of something else.

Nordic

FNG
This looks like a nice idea.
One thing I discovered is that buying a down quilt (for home bed use) isn't that cheep if you want goose down/feather 90/10. The cheapest one I found was $150. The cheaper ones where duck down/feather and often 50/50.
I have an old synthetic bag that I can remove the synthetic filling from and use for this project. The filling is just lumps now so it's useless... it's probably close to 20 years old.