DIY dehydrated meals

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
I want to start dehydrating my own meals. Was thinking about making a chili verde but can’t find a recipe for this. So you just dehydrate the pork from raw correct? Then separately you would dehydrate your salsa verde? I’m new to this

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
you can start reading that thread:

then we can go from there.

enjoy your journey of creating your own dehydrated meals.

I want to start dehydrating my own meals. Was thinking about making a chili verde but can’t find a recipe for this. So you just dehydrate the pork from raw correct? Then separately you would dehydrate your salsa verde? I’m new to this
No. Make the entire recipe and dehydrate as a whole. Much better flavor and consistency. You’ll want to dehydrate most of your backpacking meals after they’ve been fully cooked, too.

Meat can vary as far as texture after you rehydrate. You’ll probably be much happier with the end product If you can find canned pork to dehydrate or do ground pork in it.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Canned pork or chicken as stated. Canned elk works great as well. I tried chicken dehydrated a lot of ways. I made a lot of chicken rocks. The canned meats rehydrate very well.

dingleberns

Lil-Rokslider
I make my own spaghetti with meat sauce (separate my ingredients) and make chili (combined ingredients). All my info came from backpacking chef dot com. Separated ingredient recipes are time consuming but the entire process and end result is way cheaper and tasty....