Ditty Bags

Northpark

WKR
Some random zippered clear plastic pouch that some piece of gear shipped in. That and ziplocks.

Tradchef

WKR
I bought a set of REI ditty bags a few years back. Cheap, heavy duty but they are heavier than the ultra lights. I like them for storage and for stuffing grouse , rabbits and deer hearts and livers fit in them.

OP
J

JMarbs

FNG
Ziplocks, come in snack, sandwich, quart, gallon, and even 2 gallon sizes- the right size for just about anything. Cheap, you can see the contents. I have used the larger bags to melt snow in the sun to save fuel.
Iv been using ziplock bags the last 3 years, and they have done fine, but this year I ripped one with my trekking pole and the other quit zipping up. May be an over reaction on my part, but thought some nicer ones would be a good stocking stuffer idea for the wife.

Zbo93

FNG
Iv been using ziplock bags the last 3 years, and they have done fine, but this year I ripped one with my trekking pole and the other quit zipping up. May be an over reaction on my part, but thought some nicer ones would be a good stocking stuffer idea for the wife.
I had just picked up some MR zoid bags on sale from camofire and can’t find any complaints about them

hunterjmj

WKR
I've been using sea to summit ultralight dry bags. I have several colors to keep things easy to find. Red is first aid, blue food, green is kill kit, etc.
60CCF726-9464-4C2B-8535-E902AD39FBD5.jpeg

I got a three pack from Walmart in their camping section. They’re three different sizes, drawstring closure- cheap and they work. They also have dry bags there, also a three pack I think and they’re a little bigger than the drawstring bags. I doubt they’re as waterproof as a more expensive bag though.

sivart

WKR
Hilltop packs make a lot of ultra lite dry bags and stuff sacks. Made of dyneema, weight nothing. I just ordered several. one each for sleeping bag, stove, electronics, all the shit that I can't afford to get wet.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
most of mine are lightweight dry bags, things I put in bags I usually want dry too

SeaToSummit Ultra-Sil Nano dry bags from 1 liter to 35 liters (weigh 0.5 oz to 1.6 oz)

Pdzoller

WKR
I use some Sea to Summit dry compression sacks for clothing and my quilt. I use some Columbia dry bags for most everything else. I pre package all my meals and meds in ziplocks. Everything is color coded and has it’s place.