Discounted Leica Geovid R vs discounted Maven B1.2- optical quality?

WYcoyote

FNG
Any first-hand insight on the newer 8/10x40 GPO Rangeguides, specifically in regards to the optical quality?

The weight specification makes them an attractive choice… but only if there isn’t a significant compromise in optical quality as compared to the Geovid R’s.
I tried a late evening low light test between my GPO 8x40 Rangeguides and my Zeiss Victory 7x42 T* FL's and it was as near a dead heat as you could get, with maybe the slightest perceptible edge to the Zeiss.

I was also considering the Geovid R's, but I was very impressed with the GPO's, love the small size and weight with no blue tint. I'm going to run with them after this comparison.

Greenstig

FNG
I tried a late evening low light test between my GPO 8x40 Rangeguides and my Zeiss Victory 7x42 T* FL's and it was as near a dead heat as you could get, with maybe the slightest perceptible edge to the Zeiss.

I was also considering the Geovid R's, but I was very impressed with the GPO's, love the small size and weight with no blue tint. I'm going to run with them after this comparison.

Good info, thanks.

For those who have jumped on the Geovid R’s, can they be configured to display angle measurement (degrees), instead of EHR?

If you push the menu button the angle shows up you could check then angle then range and do the math I haven’t played with it enough to see if I can get both to display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk