Direct venting a Buddy heater or similar?

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
I'm starting to look into heating options for a smaller tent (4p mountaineering) and when camping in my truck bed w capper. My buddy heater works for short periods, but the spaces are so small that condensation is a problem and CO is always a concern.

I wondered if anyone has fiddled with their buddy heaters (or similar) to enclose them and add a flue + air intake? Yes, I know nuway is an option (as are propane heaters for maritime use), but these would also be overkill considering the cubic footage involved.

It's something I've been mulling over, and then when I saw what @go4thegusto fabbed up (thread linked below) it pulled this project off the back burner. If you've done something similar, and 'gusto, if you had any interest in starting a separate thread or adding to this one, I'd love to learn more.

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
Was about to say the same thing, if you are truck camping and have a generator an electric heater would also work.

Geewhiz

WKR
Diesel heaters are the bees knees. Only downside is the annoying ticking of the fuel pump. But IMO the benefits outweigh the downsides.

OP
dutch_henry

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
Wish a diesel heater would work for me. But at least half of the use would be camping out of a canoe or boat, where I'd have no way of keeping a battery topped off.

Otherwise, I agree it would be good for truck camping.

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone that has used a heat sink on a stove, how much difference does it make? Trying to decide between the Nu Way 3500 and the 4000.

TIA

Bill