Diligent defense enticer S Ti ?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Does anybody have one of these? They seem to get good reviews and the prices are reasonable. I have a scythe on order but it’s a trust so I’ll probably be waiting a bit.

I like trying different stuff and I’m sort of trying to get silencers on all my guns so I’m not shuffling things around and re-zeroing.

Is the S Ti worth a shot?

Does anybody have one of these? They seem to get good reviews and the prices are reasonable. I have a scythe on order but it’s a trust so I’ll probably be waiting a bit.

I like trying different stuff and I’m sort of trying to get silencers on all my guns so I’m not shuffling things around and re-zeroing.

Is the S Ti worth a shot?
Yes its a very good can. What would you be putting it on?

00SCSS

FNG
I have been pleased with mine on both 6.5 grendel and 223. We shot it back to back with a Harvester evo, TBAC Ultra-7, and Omega 300 on a 308. To my unscientific ear I would put it just behind the TBAC sound wise.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Should work great for that. It leaves a little to be desired on a big magnum but on a 308 sized case it works great for me
Nice. I only have one big magnum now (375HH) and as much as I’d love to silence it, I can’t justify the cost of a can for it due to how much I actually shoot it.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked my DD STI up on Monday, after a smoking 3 day wait time on my form 4. I'm working on getting an optic back on my 28 NOS, My new short 6.5 SAUM spun up, and just got my 204 back from stock paint today. So hopefully by Mid April I'll be able to give review on how it does across the board on various calibers. This is my first can so I won't have anything to compare it to sound wise, but from a machinist/manufacturing standpoint(that's what I do for work) it is a very clean and well manufactured can.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just picked my DD STI up on Monday, after a smoking 3 day wait time on my form 4. I'm working on getting an optic back on my 28 NOS, My new short 6.5 SAUM spun up, and just got my 204 back from stock paint today. So hopefully by Mid April I'll be able to give review on how it does across the board on various calibers. This is my first can so I won't have anything to compare it to sound wise, but from a machinist/manufacturing standpoint(that's what I do for work) it is a very clean and well manufactured can.
Nice. I’m still waiting for them to come back in stock at Capitol armory. I’m ready to call them up and place the order as soon as I get the notification.

Do you have a black one or the bare metal one?? If you have the metal/milled one can you post some pics?

Tahoe1305

WKR
I shot the Sti this morning next to LTi, Omega, Scythe and it’s solid. Had my kiddo video and going to try and see if I hear differences.
Alright, I compiled the videos and sent to some buddies. Personally I think while shooting the 4 of them it’s pretty tough to distinguish which is “quietest”.

But my buddy said the Scythe from the video sounded best. I agree in the video it did appear most quiet (again didn’t feel that way live).

IMO even the big Nomad LT at its extra few inches may be a tad quieter, but not very noticeable in practice. Same goes for Scythe even at its shorter size it is definitely in the mix with the longer cans (as good if not better).

I’m impressed. Wish I could upload videos.

BjornF16

WKR
Nice. I only have one big magnum now (375HH) and as much as I’d love to silence it, I can’t justify the cost of a can for it due to how much I actually shoot it.
Get a Raptor 8 in .375 and use it for your smaller calibers

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Get a Raptor 8 in .375 and use it for your smaller calibers
AB told me a .375 Raptor 10 would be louder on something like a 6 CM than my 7.62 Raptor 8, their words were "no where near the performance."

BjornF16

WKR
AB told me a .375 Raptor 10 would be louder on something like a 6 CM than my 7.62 Raptor 8, their words were "no where near the performance."
You can get a smaller diameter end cap that would help.

I’ve used my .375 Raptor as is on my 300 WSM and it works fine. Is it as quiet as a .30 cal? I doubt my Mk. 1 ears could tell the difference

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
You can get a smaller diameter end cap that would help.

I’ve used my .375 Raptor as is on my 300 WSM and it works fine. Is it as quiet as a .30 cal? I doubt my Mk. 1 ears could tell the difference
I think it depends on how small, a 30 cal through a 375 is 0.075 smaller than bore. A 22 through a 30 cal is 0.080 smaller than bore.

I think the issues comes in with using the 375 for something like a 6mm at 0.13 smaller than bore. It can certainly be done.