Digital Taxidermy - Turn Your Deer into Art

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

Digital Taxidermy uses a photo of your deer to create custom lifelike art.​

320708811_1015927096466694_6011220064010291418_n-scaled.jpg

Chris Pazul is an avid whitetail hunter who teaches graphic design and specializes in hyper-realism digital art. He is also the founder of Digital Taxidermy, a company that uses photos of your deer to create a one of a kind piece of custom digital art.

before-after-digital-taxidermy.JPG

While it may look like a simple photoshop swap to the untrained eye, it's actually a pretty detailed concept. Chris photographed all of the landscapes and deer himself, granting him the full copyright to all 115+ scenes available on the website. Using multiple editing programs and a tablet to digitally draw these photos, Pazul states that “If you can imagine it, I can recreate it." Below is an example of how a simple picture of a farm and deer is brought back to life in a unique way.

digital-taxidermy.jpg

Currently he is only doing Whitetail and Mule Deer with plans to add Elk and Turkey in the near future. His current pricing is $99 for a single buck photo and boasts an impressive 48 hour turnaround time. Digital Taxidermy's Facebook page has a 5.0 Rating from 13 Satisfied Reviewers that mention "Exceptional Service" and "Quick Turnaround Times".

When asked about his business model, Chris said “Customer service is important to me and I try to get to know each of my clients on a personal level. I enjoy interacting with the hunters and seeing their trophies. I work hard on their photos until it's something they are proud to hang, or I refund them in full.”

When placing an order on the website, you will find the following paragraph at the top of the checkout page:

"Our Commitment to You: We stand behind every piece of art we make. If at any time after your purchase, for any reason, you’re not happy — we will refund your money."

digital-taxidermy-reviews.jpg

While some may be skeptical of this new concept, its clear that many find the service to be unique and well worth the cost. One of their recent videos on TikTok has already gotten over 300k views and 400+ comments from hunters all around the world, in just a few days.

Chris currently works at a University teaching Graphic Design, but says he plans to move into this business full time soon. He said “I am most passionate about this venture because hunting is my life. These photos bring joy to people, and I love that.” Looking at the company's Instagram and Facebook page, it appears his commitment has already amassed a good number of customers.

digital-taxidermy-art-review.jpg

Last edited:

Northpark

WKR
Pretty cool. What would be even better is if you could upload your own scene to use as the background.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Interesting, but what caught my eye is the painting on the wall, Is it an Owen Gromme? I have the one called " The long courtship"