Digiscoping lens for Vortex Razor and Sony a6000

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has any experience with digiscoping setup with a sony a6000 and vortex razor 65mm. As the manal states, most DSLR cameras require a prime 50mm lens. After doing some reading, I quickly discovered "equivalencies", such as a 35mm APS-C sensor being equivalent to a full frame 50mm. Also, I discovered there are some lenses that are manual focus only, other have auto focus as on option. The price discrepancy is also all over the board, from $65 all the way to $600+. I'm not sure if any/all of this makes a difference. I'm sure that I could figure it out with trial and error, but I was hoping someone else would have some experience and success with a certain lens that could give me a recommendation. Thanks for the advice.

I found this to the cheapest option, not sure if the manual focus only would be a pain.

Amazon.com: Neewer 35mm f/1.7 Manual Focus Prime Fixed Lens for SONY E-Mount Digital Cameras, Such as NEX3, 3N, 5, 5T, 5R, 6, 7, A5000, A5100, A6000, A6100 and A6300 (NW-E-35-1.7): Electronics

I have that exact same cam/spotter combo and have been wondering the same thing. For $90 it's worth a shot..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After trying many lenses out at the local camera shop, this is the one I chose. FE 50mm F1.8 | SEL50F18F | Sony US

It was the only 50mm lens that didn't show any vingetting and was priced under $500. I was advised many times by two different people not to purchase the Neewer lens. Anyone out there finding success with another lens? Your input is still greatly appreciated.

I had that exact setup. The 16-50 power lens was good at like 42mm I think. Best pictures are still the old phoneskope and iPhone for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Novagrade Olympus adapter fits the 16-55mm Sony lens. Pretty rock soild connection point as well but set the zoom to get rid of the vignette before you lock it down to the eyepiece.

Back