Different vanes on the same arrow?

HaakChiro

FNG
Has anyone tried mixing different vanes on their arrows? Whether is blazers mixed with Heats or Bully’s in 4 fletch setups? Just wondering if anyone has gone down this road just to have fun and experiment.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
When setting up a new arrow for a bow that is tuned, I often try 2.75" TAC's in 3 and 4 fletch; VaneTec 3" in 3 and four fletch; Q2i 2.1" in 3 and 4 fletch; and whatever else is on hand. Once I figure out what is most accurate with either 100 or 125 grain field tips, I'll switch to QAD Exodus and see what steers those best. It's usually the same, but in times it's different, I'll tend to stick with whatever gives me best fixed blade flight.

ZDR

WKR
I’ve tried 2.25” and 1.75” bohning X3 vanes together in a 4 fletch config. Nothing really noticeable as far as flight characteristics, just looked odd.

OP
H

HaakChiro

FNG
I’ve tried 2.25” and 1.75” bohning X3 vanes together in a 4 fletch config. Nothing really noticeable as far as flight characteristics, just looked odd.
I figured it would look odd more than anything.
I see mixed posts in regards to how quiet the arrow flight and broadhead steering for fixed blades. Blazers I know have proven themselves very well but I hate how soft and easily bent they can get.