Did anyone 'Corner Cross' this year while hunting?

I have seen this in several NFs all over the country. I actually know a guy that owns a parcel like that. The road is usually recorded as an non exclusive access easement for the private parcel. In a lot cases the NF has to issue them a permit per legal description of the easement.

In most cases that parcel was private before everything around it was declared NF, probably been owned by the same family for 100yrs or more.I dont think there land should be taken or there access cut off just because they were there before the NF.

If it's legal to walk up the road to the private boundary how is this an access issue?
There isn’t a problem with access . Just a bit of admitted envy that they exclusive vehicle access to thousands of acres that not only can they hunt but cut firewood ( there is a ton of dead red fir in there).

Unckebob

WKR
It’s only a $500 fine to land a helicopter in a wilderness area.
Landlocked state or NF? I don’t know. Helicopters touch down all the time for skiers on NF mountains. It’s not like you're driving on the land, just gently resting the Bell 204 for a quick second while you get out.

Time to learn how to rappel from helicopter. 😃

Geewhiz

WKR
You need one of those back pack fan motor parachute rigs 😀. Experimental aircraft with no call letters and no pilot license.
Haha catch me if you can! The elk wouldnt suspect a thing if I sounded like a lawnmower rolling up. Might have to make a few trips to get an elk out if you can only carry a pocket full of meat at a time. :ROFLMAO:

P Carter

WKR
Similar thing I found here in Idaho. Was up camping a couple of weeks ago and was glassing across a big drainage and noticed a cabin tucked in the timber that I had never seen before. I hopped on Basemap and sure enough there is 120 acre island completely surrounded by NF land. The access road is a forest service road that has been long since shut down and gated. (any road not shown on the MVUM is considered closed). So I called the FS ranger and asked how they were accessing that ground. The FS granted them a special summer use permit and a special winter use permit. So this owner gets to drive 4 plus miles through a closed road system throughout hunting season. It's prime elk and deer ground because that is the only road in the area and has been closed up until last year for any travel for 30 plus years.
There is a federal statute that grants the right to access property completely surrounded by forest service property, fyi.0

P Carter

WKR
I think it is a public road only on public. Alot of BLM and FS Travel Management maps show as such.
The term public road has different meanings. If there’s a road across public land, and it’s not designated as a public road by the agency, it’s not a “public road” open to motorized travel. But the agency can grant permits or easements to specific people to use the road. But the permits or easements aren’t exclusive; anyone can use the road for non-motorized purposes but not motorized use. Then there’s the whole rs2477 thing, where a road can be a “public road” if the state-law elements for road creation existed before the property became part of forest service/blm. Those exist only in the realm of theory until the claim to the road is asserted by the county or state.