Did any NonRes NOT apply for 2023 Wyoming elk?

I DID as a backup if I can’t scrounge up a MT or ID tag.

I don’t want to go that far but I will if it is my only choice.

Sitting on 8 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, too many tags in my home state with not nearly enough time or money to hunt em all. Not sure exactly, but right at double digit points this year in WY and plan to try the elk deal in 5-10 years. Burn them points!

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I did not, too busy for a solo trip. Maybe next year

LostArra

WKR
Yes I applied!
Making my fall hunting schedule begins with scheduling my annual Wyoming elk trip or trips in Sept/Oct and my week of whitetail rut hunt here in Oklahoma over my birthday (Nov 13).

The future of non resident hunting is going to change so I'm hunting elk as much as possible while I know the current system, not perfectly but enough. No points for me.

While I was deciding how to hedge my application my wife says " I would would rather you have two elk tags than no elk tags" BOOM hit submit!
She appreciates elk meat in the freezer.

gobears870

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't because there's a chance I might not be able to head West this year and they don't do refunds. I'm only applying in Colorado this season.

Yes I applied!
Making my fall hunting schedule begins with scheduling my annual Wyoming elk trip or trips in Sept/Oct and my week of whitetail rut hunt here in Oklahoma over my birthday (Nov 13).

The future of non resident hunting is going to change so I'm hunting elk as much as possible while I know the current system, not perfectly but enough. No points for me.

While I was deciding how to hedge my application my wife says " I would would rather you have two elk tags than no elk tags" BOOM hit submit!
She appreciates elk meat in the freezer.
Didn't read the title.

Im trying to take the wife on an Pronghorn hunt and the unit I would have applied to for elk had overlapping dates with the Pronghorn unit. I just want to concentrate on having a fun trip with the wife so maybe elk next year.

CB4

WKR
Already have my ID tag so I passed. Really wanted to make two trips this year but with a baby due in March I didn't want to push it. 2024 will either be WY or CO depending on where I want to burn points and hopefully do both an elk and mule deer hunt.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I did not. Already have a pair of Idaho tags in pocket and other plans. Also given all other state draws still upcoming; good chance my fall is bound to be overloaded with awesomeness.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Nope. Been putting in for points for a long time. My son and I average 10.5 now and should have 11.5 going into next year when he graduates from nursing school. Want to go on one great September elk hunt together before his career interferes with everything like college has 😕

I have a couple ideas where to go but if anybody has insight they would like to share I’d love any kind of info I could get.

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
I applied for a cow elk tag with a group of friends. Will apply next year for a GEN tag.

MCS

FNG
I didn't because I already have 3 deer hunts and a antelope hunt planed.

TheTone

WKR
I wanted to but decided it was better to try and use pronghorn points with family than a solo elk hunt

Mrjaycam

FNG
I didn't, I only have two points currently so I'll see what changes are coming next year and adjust from there. Focusing on CO OTC for this year.

Fatcamp

WKR
No. We discussed it but in the end I expect to draw three mule deer tags in South Dakota and I think my wife will hunt antelope.

We will swing for random mule deer tags in WY though. Can't win if you don't play!😁

stdeb11

FNG
Nope. This was going to be the year when I had it all planned out my hunting strategy a few years ago...but just had a baby and now a wedding in Europe in September so I'll have to wait a few more years.