Deodorant?

OP
HellsCanyon
I've used all of the hunting specific deodorants and I thought the dead down wind was the best. I stopped bringing deodorants completely a couple years ago. I dont really get bad BO and Since I stopped wearing poly as a base layer (especially under armour) I stinK a heck of a lot less anyway.

Hadn't even thought about that. I only started using merino this year... and here's another question that may seem reminiscent to some on here... :) does 'manscaping' reduce the odor? Seems like it would...?

Mike

RUTTIN

WKR
I am a believer of a good non scented deodorant, I like arm and hammer the hunting deodorant feels like glue under my arms. My brother douses himself with a good smelling something or other that he wears every day, I can smell his deodorant from a 100 yards away when the wind is blowing my way. Now if I can smell him, surely the animals have got to smell him. Since I started wearing merino wool, I have not stunk as bad after a few days even if I didn't wear any deodorant.

JNDEER

WKR
The Dead Down Wind definitely has a sticky feel to it but it does do a great job at killin' the stink.

It could just be me. Everyone is different. The DDW was oily and after one day I stunk something rank (A zone hunting). I can go 3-5 days in 100+ degree heat in A zone with HS and come out with non-smelly pits.

Craig4791

WKR
No deodorant on a backpack hunt. I also shower with scentless soap before leaving the house on a backpack hunt.

X2

After washing with scent free body wash before i leave I figure its going to be about pointless to try and not smell after being in the mountains for a week.

Lawnboi

WKR
Hadn't even thought about that. I only started using merino this year... and here's another question that may seem reminiscent to some on here... :) does 'manscaping' reduce the odor? Seems like it would...?

Mike

Yes it does. I go as far as to trim everything up when im going on a long hunt. Or even day to day at home.

My understanding is theres less surface area to grow bacteria.

MattB

WKR
I'd just Google "Lavilin". I believe individual's body chemistry can vary, but it legit for 5 days for me.

hunthard

FNG
Shaving helps big time, Even when your not in the woods, you will stink less and use less deodorant. One stick lasts me forever. As far as in the woods goes, I shower with scent killing soap before I leave the house and then use no deodorant, but I don't sweat as much as some.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I use unscented Arm & Hammer. If I'm out in the field for more than a couple of days, I always take a small supply of unscented baby wipes which seems to make the deodorant last longer.

I don't use deodorant. I don't smell thou. Kinda weird. If I'm going out for a night on the town I might spray so axe so that a bunch of girls will run and tackle me, but for hunting. No deodorant.

slim9300

WKR
Arm & Hammer unscented deodorant & antiperspirant. If I slap some on every day, I will smell like a daisy the whole 10 day hunt. If I neglect the deodorant, I can't stand my own stink after day 2 and that's with a merino base layer. Call me a bitch but I'll carry the extra 3 ounces. Lol.