Dear Tikka….if you’re listening.

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
Dear Tikka,
If you are listening, there is still time to roll out some new concepts for the 2025 Shot Show. Here are a few ideas and you don’t even need to change your stocks. Just shorten and thread a few barrels and offer a new chambering or two. You will sell more rifles.

The following are on my Christmas list and since Finland is so close to the North Pole, I’m hoping you can help Santa out.

A 16”, 18” or 20” threaded stainless T3X in .223. I’m not even picky. You choose the length.

An 18” or 20” threaded stainless T3X in 6mm Creedmoor.

I’m sure some Roksliders will add some other ideas to their Christmas lists, but remember Santa, I asked first.

mt100gr.

WKR
One would think they'd already be cashing in on those 2 in those configurations!! I'd buy one of each!

OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
The admins here do such a great job of exploiting the search algorithms so that Rokslide threads are often a top result (they must know Al Gore). I’m hoping someone from Tikka stops in every once in a while and realizes they don’t even need to pay for a consumer focus group.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
They sell 16" 308 tikkas factory threaded here in NZ. I'm sure it's a minimum order thing. Maybe someone could do an order for a run .
Stainless or blued? I hunt in the Pacific North Wet and so I'm only interested in stainless. More to protect the bore than the exterior. Some of Tikka's new 16" threaded models have been so close, so far away since they aren't stainless.

Edited to add: I missed the link, but see now that it's stainless. That's a great setup, I wish they offered it in the US. Threaded 5/8-24 preferably. I have a .308 getting cut and threaded to 16" as we speak.

Last edited:
OP
DisplacedHusky

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
They sell 16" 308 tikkas factory threaded here in NZ. I'm sure it's a minimum order thing. Maybe someone could do an order for a run .
That’s not cheap. I did the conversion and that rifle is $1,156 American dollars.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
That’s not cheap. I did the conversion and that rifle is $1,156 American dollars.
Rifles (almost everything actually) are expensive in NZ a standard T3X Lite in NZ as about $65USD cheaper so its not really anything I would read into.

A fixed stock springfield waypoint for example in NZ costs 4999NZD or 3110USD.

If it got done in the US I can't imagine it being much more expensive than a standard T3x.