Dealing with crimped primer vs buying new brass

OP
T

T28w

WKR
For $30/100, I decided to just buy 500 pieces of new starline. Not sure how much you can save going with once fired/crimped but I have had bad experience with once fired/range brass in other carriages and wanted to avoid the headache.
This is not rang pick up. It’s brass from my gun

OP
T

T28w

WKR
Thanks. Going to give it a go cutting them out.

For $30/100, I decided to just buy 500 pieces of new starline. Not sure how much you can save going with once fired/crimped but I have had bad experience with once fired/range brass in other carriages and wanted to avoid the headache.
I was saving my brass long before I started reloading...I have a couple 5 gallon buckets of used brass didn't make any sense buying new brass.

epoletna

FNG
I have the Dillon swager. I think it's well engineered and a good piece of equipment. It is fast, especially since you'll only have to swage a pocket one time for the life of the brass. OTOH, it is not cheap considering you'll only use it once on each piece of brass!

OP
T

T28w

WKR
I have the Dillon swager. I think it's well engineered and a good piece of equipment. It is fast, especially since you'll only have to swage a pocket one time for the life of the brass. OTOH, it is not cheap considering you'll only use it once on each piece of brass!
That’s my thinking as well. If for some reason I’m unhappy cutting the crimps out, the Dillion swager will be the next option

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Look into a Mighty Armory decapping die and a pocket swager of some sort. Their decapping die is the bomb. I punched through a Berdan primed case with that thing one time on accident. I have decapped 2000 or better crimped .223 cases without busting a pin yet.