Dave Smith Decoy prototype doe decoy

Never use a doe decoy for whitetail, their buck decoy is really nice, but heavy and difficult to tote around.

My former boss bought the buck, great when i was dropping him off and set it up, but carrying that thind would be an issue. Also we had it for months and it still stunk like plastic, I think I scrubbed that thing 10 times trying to remove odor, left it in the sun and rain as well.

Never use a doe decoy for whitetail, their buck decoy is really nice, but heavy and difficult to tote around.

My former boss bought the buck, great when i was dropping him off and set it up, but carrying that thind would be an issue. Also we had it for months and it still stunk like plastic, I think I scrubbed that thing 10 times trying to remove odor, left it in the sun and rain as well.
I can’t imagine hunting with either one without stashing it prior to my hunt or utilizing an electric golf cart or something of the sorts. The quality and realism is there but the pack ability is not.

I was a land manager at the time and drove right to the set ups we used decoys in. One of my bosses killed 4 in a row over two years with a carry lite we had all screwed together.

Had another encounter with the DS on a once in a lifetime deer and it just didn't happen, in range but no good shot opportunity, what I was told anyway as I wasn't there.

Last edited:
I have the 3/4 strut jake and the feeding hen. They look awesome in the field super realistic. That doe looks amazing. I kept running $$ signs when the guy said you need 2-3 preening hens!

I have the 3/4 strut jake and the feeding hen. They look awesome in the field super realistic. That doe looks amazing. I kept running $$ signs when the guy said you need 2-3 preening hens!

I don’t think you’ll “need” more than one. I’ll be running one with my typical setup. I could definitely see an advantage to multiple if it’s early season where they are typically still in larger flocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back