Daughter stationed in Colorado

Daughter is in Denver area hasn't hunted since going to college and then in military, would like to hunt deer now that she is in Colorado. I don't know anything about the state, would come to coach her again not hunt. Looking for a hunt that can have success, not trophy type,just something to get her feet wet again. Thank you Cody finch

The hardest part of getting a mule deer in Colorado is getting a tag. If you’re after any legal buck look for units that have public land and residents can draw with zero to one preference point.

The easier hunts for finding a legal buck will be 3rd and 4th rifle in units with winter concentration areas. You can spot those little bucks wondering around any time of day and they’ll pay little attention to you.

jayhawk

WKR
A call to the CPW office should get you started in the right direction. Elk are a different animal altogether, but if she likes deer hunting she should also think about antelope. A lot of the farmers out east are glad to get rid of them and there's not a demand for them like for deer and elk.

sndmn11

WKR
Daughter is in Denver area hasn't hunted since going to college and then in military, would like to hunt deer now that she is in Colorado. I don't know anything about the state, would come to coach her again not hunt. Looking for a hunt that can have success, not trophy type,just something to get her feet wet again. Thank you Cody finch
Is she at Buckley?

She can put in for tags...just look at the draw odds for deer and elk. Also, have her look at Carson and the AF Academy. They allowing hunting. I know Carson is pretty easy to hunt I think the Academy is lottery.