Danner Tachyon to stiffer boot recommendation?

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Ok I know there are tons of posts asking people what kind of boot they should get. I also know that everyone's feet are going to be different.
But;
1. I am a procrastinator and I live in a small town with no major retailers to go into and try on boots.
2. I could have made the drive to go try on boots, but I am supposed to go on my hunting trip next week, see number 1 again.

So my dilemma is I need to put my order in online soon and get some stiffer boots. I thought I would be able to get away with my Danner Tachyon's but apparently with the hunting were going to be doing (elk/archery/mountains/grades) my buddy said I need a much stiffer boot.

I was wondering for people who have worn the Danner Tachyon's what stiffer boot did you wear for the hunts where a stiffer boot was needed. I have always hated boots and they have always been uncomfortable. Then came the Danner Tachyon's. I can wear those babies for 18 hour shifts no problem. I have gone through several pairs and will cry if they discontinue the model. I light them because they are light, I can feel every rock I step on, good size toe box. They basically feel like a shoe in boot form with a little better protection.

I am thinking of going with the Crispi Nevada Uninsulated as my all year boots. I will be hunting into the snow sometimes and from what I have read they should do well. I do not need insulation as my feet run hot and am more worried about sweat than I am heat. My fear is that the soles are going to be extremely stiff.

Anyways I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

I have had danners in my boot stable for a loooonnngg time - started in the army with 1990s acadias and ft lewis go devils - and had many styles along with a couple pair of tachyons. TBH is haven’t seen a danner boot that I think I would be my top choice for for a long haul in the mountains for over 20 years. I still use my dinners for general outdoors, around town and some short haul hunting - upland and local stuff. Just think others are way out ahead on technical hiking stuff.

after casting around for better gear I ran mostly Merrell and asolo for years, mainly due to availability of wide sizes and fit/comfort for me. I have tried a few other brands - kentrek, zamberlain, etc. I found crispi about 5 years ago and they have been my go to ever since. I do most of my backpacking in Thors and have some heavier models for hunting. Bonus is none of mine have needed a lot of break in and also they are widely available from Black Ovis (+1), crispi and midway to name a few. I think the nevadas are a great choice for all around boots and would be my “one boot to rule them all“ if I only had one pair.

OP
Kleos

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the all the information and thanks for your service!