Dangerous Goods Shipping

Netherman

WKR
Hey guys wondering if anyone know a way to ship dangerous goods without a license? I'm trying to ship some muzzy powder and primers to CO for a hunt Sept 8 and after 3 days of runaround with fedex and ups have gotten no where. Turns out you have to be "on the list". I'm actually surprised there isn't already a thread on this, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively if there's anyone in the Denver area with BH209 and 209M primers I know an interested buyer...

I looked into this very thing as I'm sitting on LOTS of various desirable powders. I even have a family member in the trucking industry. Nobody wants to touch the Hazmat stuff with a 10 foot pole from the average Joe. If you figure out a good solution, post an update.

Does anyone specialize in dangerous goods shipping in your area? I've shipped a ton of dangerous goods and I just drop them off at a place that specializes in it (tgi freight in anchorage). They put together all the paperwork for me, package it and mark it appropriately, and then I come back and pick it up in an hour. Then just take it over to whichever shipping company I want to use. The packaging company should have a good hold on what places are easiest for you to ship with for your specific item.

buzzy

WKR
I have heard UPS will do it from their main hubs, not the UPs stores. All you have to do is label the box appropriately and let them know it’s a dangerous good. Haven’t tried it myself but may be worth looking into.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have shipped ordnance from UPS Customer Centers (the main hub, not advertised as they do not want to complete with their shipping partners like The UPS Store).

However, this is limited to cartridges, I do not think they will take powder. Hazmat can only ship ground, so make sure you have enough time. Might be better off calling shops in the area and paying for what you need over the phone.

OP
N

Netherman

WKR
Does anyone specialize in dangerous goods shipping in your area? I've shipped a ton of dangerous goods and I just drop them off at a place that specializes in it (tgi freight in anchorage). They put together all the paperwork for me, package it and mark it appropriately, and then I come back and pick it up in an hour. Then just take it over to whichever shipping company I want to use. The packaging company should have a good hold on what places are easiest for you to ship with for your specific item.
This looks like my best option. Googled "dangerous goods packing" and got a few places close. Everyone is closed now but will try in the morning. My googlefu was inches from the answer but too many results for "dangerous goods shipping" probably buried the answer.

Thanks Willam and everyone who replied. I'll update how it ends up.

OP
N

Netherman

WKR
So far everyone I called has said they don't pack for private individuals as it wasn't worth the hassle. One told me "good luck". I think I'm out of time anyway leaving 9/8. Backup Plan is to have my brother in Denver see what is available locally.

Looks like my scouting day is becoming re-sight in day...

TW907

FNG
Should have never let the government have the postal service now they control everything we attempt to ship

robtattoo

WKR
I really don't understand why people ask this question.
Slap it in a box with lots of packaging, address it & send it. Prepay & drop it in a UPS box.
Job, jobbed.