Dalton Highway Hunt Rent

shmcleod

FNG
Get 2 uhaul vans. Then you get sleeping quarters for 4 guys and gear. ALso if 1 backs out there are 3 seats in the front of each van.
What kind of vans are we talking here? Like the moving vans? Euro Vans?

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
U-haul did a great job for us other than the pick up after hours. We had to sleep in the wood box out front of the store till they opened. You can get a better rate than the per day. Just enter the number of days and millage expected. We paid $736.50 for a 4x4 truck for 10 days.

I recently booked with alaska 4x4 for our hunt this year, it was quite expensive for 10ish days. Heading out there for the first time

HeathH

FNG
Expect Alaska 4x4 to hit you with a dirty vehicle fee on top of the ridiculous price unless you wash it.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I rented off Turo but found a way to contact the individual first and share my plans. They had no issues with it and seemed to have a few vehicles specifically for the haul rd. I’m covered through my personal insurance AND bought coverage through Turo.
I do have a backup Uhaul reservation as well. Turo can cancel up to 24hrs before the trip. There is way too much invested in time/money for that to happen.

Versydus

WKR
I rented off Turo but found a way to contact the individual first and share my plans. They had no issues with it and seemed to have a few vehicles specifically for the haul rd. I’m covered through my personal insurance AND bought coverage through Turo.
I do have a backup Uhaul reservation as well. Turo can cancel up to 24hrs before the trip. There is way too much invested in time/money for that to happen.
How'd you go about contacting the host pre reservation?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

AKBorn

WKR

On my Turo rentals, once I specified a rental duration and selected a car, I was able to trade messages via Turo with the vehicle owner AFTER they accept the rental request.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved

It was difficult. I found a reference to his company in another vehicle he had listed, looked up the LLC, found the number and called. Most have their stance on it in the terms and conditions of their rentals if you look. As mention, when you book you can send a message. I usually tell them my intended purpose of use in that message and mention do not accept trip if any issue with it.

I'd be fine with using someone's truck off Turo but that's gotta be a decision they make knowing where you're headed. I didn't do Turo because they can cancel last minute and I wasn't able to speak with the person prior to renting.

I went with GoNorth. Seemed easy enough and they've got a ton of options for add ons. Haven't heard of outdoorsy
I know it’s late, but I’m a Turo host. The dalton I believe is a no-go for Turo.

Same with the McCarthy road.

It was difficult. I found a reference to his company in another vehicle he had listed, looked up the LLC, found the number and called. Most have their stance on it in the terms and conditions of their rentals if you look. As mention, when you book you can send a message. I usually tell them my intended purpose of use in that message and mention do not accept trip if any issue with it.
How is it difficult?

You request the vehicle and you can message them. The host has a few hours to accept or decline.

I always ask where they are doing and roughly how many miles (I have unlimited miles, but still want to plan).

Any of the off road roads I decline. Same with dip netters.

The guest can cancel at last minute as well with no penalty.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
How is it difficult?

You request the vehicle and you can message them. The host has a few hours to accept or decline.

I always ask where they are doing and roughly how many miles (I have unlimited miles, but still want to plan).

Any of the off road roads I decline. Same with dip netters.

The guest can cancel at last minute as well with no penalty.
Was not difficult to message. Was difficult to find a way to contact before even sending a booking request. I agree, most have it explicitly in their conditions that it’s a no go. If they don’t, you can send the booking request and in your initial message say your intended purposes so they can deny the trip if not acceptable.

Just book them ask. Much faster and you can cancel with no penalty up to 24 hours before a trip.

If I’m not mistaken it’s a Turo rule. Not the host. If I allowed it, and something happens, it would most likely be on me only.

Not sure I’ll be doing Turo this summer. Lots of risks and flooded market up here.

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
If you're looking for a truck, send me a PM. I run the fleet for Alaska 4x4 Rentals an will hook up fellow hunters. We have locations in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Prudhoe. I recently took one of our Yukons from Anchorage and drove it to Prudhoe and back for a caribou hunt. Slept in the truck. It was a great time. We also have InReaches and Sat phones as add ons. And coolers. The owner of our company is an avid hunter himself, so we love catering to our own.

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Alaska 4x4 Rentals truck by Pump Station 2 on a caribou hunt.
648741e35d02f337c928ab6af2beab06.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk