Dall Rams

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Wow Billy a ram in its teens is rare one it its LATE teens is unheard of!!! You gotta quit working so much and go chase one yourself. :D

billy molls

Super Moderator
Wow Billy a ram in its teens is rare one it its LATE teens is unheard of!!! You gotta quit working so much and go chase one yourself. :D
I can't afford it!!!! Ha! Honestly, I haven never even bought a tag for any animal in Alaska, and don't really have the desire to do so. People just don't seem to believe me when I tell them that. But, I NEVER think "I wish I could shoot that one." Maybe some day, but in 15 years, I haven't shot anything in AK, and I highly doubt that I ever will. For the hunters that I guide, shooting a bull, ram, or big bear has often been their dream for decades, so exposing, and guiding them to an Alaska adventure is equally, and perhaps more rewarding to me. So, couple that with the fact that I have 3 daughters, two of which are under 2 years, I don't see myself hunting for a VERY long time!! Ha

Bighorse

WKR
Ah, Billy don't let that stop ya. I've got three girls too. My oldest daughter will be trying for a Dall Ram this year. She's got a live Brown Bear tag in her pocket right now too. She almost got a nicely furred 8' boar a week ago. It gave us the slip on a beach stalk.

That old ram is amazing. Much respect to that animal.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
8 yr old ram - double broomer in the arctic. Hunted with a good friend of mine Roy Thomas who guides up there. It was fun - made it way more like a DIY trip for me. I got to call the shots and do it my way.
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Yukon

FNG
Great Photos. Love those nice white Rams. Here are a few from the Yukon from the past few years.

Here is my first Ram from 2010. Got him on a solo hunt in the Coastal range of southern Yukon.
P9040040.jpg

Here is my 2011 Ram. Similar Range a few mountains over! This time out hunting with my brother.
DSCF6480.jpg

Here is his ram which completed our double header.
P8250203.jpg

Can't wait until August to get out hunting again. Keep the pictures coming!

R

rebecca francis

Those are some great rams Yukon! I can't believe how much the one on the bottom flares out...it is really cool.

Bighorse

WKR
Nice

The top one has great mass at the base, Wow! The middle ram is just a classic beauty of exceptional size.

The last one is certainly a wide boy. Thats a fine area your hunting with some nice genetics. It's certainly possible to pull something with mass, drop, and flare from that region.

Thanks for sharing your trophies with us.