CVA Paramount HTR

Was planning on doing some more information gathering before posting to much about the CVA Paramount, and I know there is already a length pinned review on this muzzleloader, but I was hoping to add to it. I had to scratch the itch and shoot the rifle yesterday. So here it goes…

Finally bought a CCA Paramount HTR muzzleloader in .45 caliber. Topped it with a Vortex Viper HS-t 4-16x44. Converted the variflame to the Arrowhead Rifles Gen2 ignition upgrade. Last, I added an Anarchy Outdoors muzzle break and powder funnel.

I cannot get over how well this thing shoots. It is very well mannered on recoil with the break. So much so, I can take a shot and keep the target in the scope after firing. The trigger is supper light and crisp. Easy to load powder and bullet. Biggest challenge is getting the primer module out after each shot. But once I got a system down, I was easy to change it out.

Shot 8 total shots. Shot 1 was at 50 yards to make sure it was on paper, subsequent shots were closer to the center at 100 with some minor tweaks. Shot shots 6-8 were all without adjustment. I didn’t measure the group but as you can see, it is close to or less than 1 MOA.

Will be chronographing this and stretching it out in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

d901c4b4a326202279828fc4bab9d1ba.jpg

65d66baf5a6be124421ccc618df4ff0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spectrum

Lil-Rokslider
Nice little group on those last three. I just purchased a paramount pro .45 cal , curios to see how it shoots. I have an Encore .40 cal with custom barrel from Hankins and I'm getting 2777 FPS with it using 209. I cannot find a CVA muzzle brake for the Paramount anywhere.

OP
RockinRam96
I thought it was good for the first time out. I didn’t get any chrono data. But when I get it out again I certainly will.

I am running the Anarchy Outdoors full port muzzle break. Does a heck of a job. I had heard that with this break, it will tame the Paramount down to the feel of a .308. All I can say is, it shoots great with the break on it. Very, very manageable and comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk