Cva optima v2 rusting ?

Just got back from a Elk hunt for one week. The weather was very nice, and the hunting was great. I started cleaning my CVA Optima V2 and noticed rust already. I’ve only sighted it in and hunted one week. It seems very early to get rust on the barrel, trigger, and inside the break. My friend just bought the same gun but with nitrate coat and had the same issue. Is this common with the Optima?? Thanks

Rich M

WKR
It is common with most every ML. Especially if you shot it wo a thorough cleaning.

Fltz metal polish is what i put on my guns and it removes and reduces rust.

nphunter

WKR
I clean my muzzle loader after every shooting session and haven’t seen any rust in 2yrs of shooting and hunting. Mine is nitride coated though and has a stainless breach plug. I clean well before even leaving the shooting bench and wipe it down with an oily patch.

OP
Steelyhead
I clean my muzzle loader after every shooting session and haven’t seen any rust in 2yrs of shooting and hunting. Mine is nitride coated though and has a stainless breach plug. I clean well before even leaving the shooting bench and wipe it down with an oily patch.
Interesting, I clean and oil also. It’s brand new.