CVA MR-X Is Hitting Too Low

I got a new muzzleloader this year - a CVa Accura MR X. I have a muzzleloader elk tag in my pocket for this year and I can't seem to get the thing sighted in.

I am using a Williams rear peep sight and the Western Precision front sight. I have 270 gr Powerbelt Platinums and started with 70 grains of Blackhorn 209 by weight - allegedly this works out to 100 gr by volume, though is seemed closer to 93ish by volume when I put 70 gr by weight in the volumetric Blackhorn tubes but I have read those tubes can have discrepancies. I am using magnum cci primers

In any event, I am hitting consistently low and left, with low being the main issue. I raised the rear peep about as high as it will go and am between the 7 and 8 ring at 50 yds and below the target at 100. I am at a loss so any insight would be appreciated

Grillnugz

FNG
Are these the stock sights? My MRX came with a rear peep and fiber optic front. I couldn’t get it zeroed either. I was hitting low and ran out of elevation. I called CVA and I guess they had some defective rear sights. They sent me a new base for the rear peep, it is much higher. Haven’t sighted it in yet, but it should fix the problem.

OP
Vagabond Hunter
Are these the stock sights? My MRX came with a rear peep and fiber optic front. I couldn’t get it zeroed either. I was hitting low and ran out of elevation. I called CVA and I guess they had some defective rear sights. They sent me a new base for the rear peep, it is much higher. Haven’t sighted it in yet, but it should fix the problem.
This is the exact problem I had - got the MRX with stock Williams Peep rear sights and fiber optic front. I went put a Williams Globe on the front, shot low still. Changed powder quantity, bullet, everything and still hit low with the rear peep maxed out.

I went back to Scheel's, had them put on the updated rear peep after doing some reading. The one they put on was much larger - this wasn't a stock sight that came on a rifle, but a Williams Peep sight that was on the shelf in a package. I took it to the range today, first shot at 50 yds was a bullseye. First shot at 100 was a bullseye. The next 3 shots were good as well so that seems to have been the fix. Best of luck.

Antares

WKR
This is a known issue. If you contact Williams, they may offer to give you a taller rear base for a very reasonable price.

OP
Vagabond Hunter
This is a known issue. If you contact Williams, they may offer to give you a taller rear base for a very reasonable price.
I imagine they would but time was of the essence. I did get the issue resolved by getting a Williams rear sight out of the package at Scheels (also came with the front globe sight.) That rear peep was notably larger and hit well at the range.