CVA Accura Northwest accuracy

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
So, I've been reading on the CVA accuras and have decided I want one. Only problem is I'm in a northwest state and i cant find any accuracy on northwest accuras. Also, trying to decide if its worth getting an LR-x and converting the 209 primers to musket.

Baddog

WKR
Mine shoots Thor bullets into about 1” groups with a scope at 100 yards during load development. 130 grains by volume of 777

OP
W

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Sweet, do you develop a load with a scope and then sight in irons after? I attempted my first group today with 70grains by weight of 777 ffg and eld-x bullets out of a northwest converted LR-x and got 3" groups at 50. Not exactly anything to write home about. Only problem is idk if the load, my flinching, or sights is the issue.

Dmad73

FNG
I’m new to muzzle loaders, do you guys clean the barrel each shot during development or say every 3rd shot or so?

crowlja

FNG
I’m new to muzzle loaders, do you guys clean the barrel each shot during development or say every 3rd shot or so?
I clean the barrel one I'm done shooting for tue day and back at the house.

As I'm shooting: I'll run a patch down every fee shots as the rifle gets more difficult to load. Depending on the rifle/bullet combo, that might be every 3-5 shots, or every 10+.

On my knight with a solid coper bullet, it's every 3. My CVA, same bullet, more like every 6 or so. Same CVA with power belt bullets, I can almost go the full day with out running any patches.

Dmad73

FNG
I clean the barrel one I'm done shooting for tue day and back at the house.

As I'm shooting: I'll run a patch down every fee shots as the rifle gets more difficult to load. Depending on the rifle/bullet combo, that might be every 3-5 shots, or every 10+.

On my knight with a solid coper bullet, it's every 3. My CVA, same bullet, more like every 6 or so. Same CVA with power belt bullets, I can almost go the full day with out running any patches.
Thanks, that lines up with what I’ve read just depends on how difficult it is to load. Going to have to do some load development soon. Should be a good time, now to find BH209 powder.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
if you're shooting bh209, dont bother cleaning between shots, just shoot. I'd pay more attention for cleaning your breech plug with a drill bit over 10 shots or so to keep ignition consistent. If you're not shooting bh209 and using t7 or pyrodex, clean every shot.

Dmad73

FNG
if you're shooting bh209, dont bother cleaning between shots, just shoot. I'd pay more attention for cleaning your breech plug with a drill bit over 10 shots or so to keep ignition consistent. If you're not shooting bh209 and using t7 or pyrodex, clean every shot.
Good to know, I’ll have to see what size drill bit to get, and that should damage the breach plug?
Also how do you guys decide the amount of powder I see varying success with anything from 80 to 150 grains depending on the load. Was thinking about going for 100 and changing bullets to see what shoots the best.