Cutting Weight on a Sig Cross

mt100gr.

WKR
Be patient on a lighter stock option. I am working with someone and the first models get milled in mid January.
We will test them pretty hard but if calculations are correct you could see a 30-50% weight savings on the stock alone.
Holler if you need another tester to get one in the field! I've been so close to cutting and gutting the stock and handguard on my cross!! This is great news!

Holler if you need another tester to get one in the field! I've been so close to cutting and gutting the stock and handguard on my cross!! This is great news!
There are other parts in the works but this one is the current priority. As soon as I can post names and products I will.

z987k

WKR
Just released the cross trax. Looks like it’s a 6lb rifle with a cut down stock.

Only available in 308.
The 308 bit is dumb. Idk why sig can't make a bunch of barrels from the factory. I like the idea of this rifle, but if I add a $5-700 barrel on top of the purchase price, there's better deals out there.

Trim the barrel down
Get a lighter scope. (Don’t know VX6 weight so not sure if possible)
Ditch the bipod.
Maybe look at cutting the rail down a bit.

THellURider

Lil-Rokslider
Are you sure about the 11lbs? I'll have to weigh mine again tomorrow and respond back. Right now I have a chunky Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 sitting on it, a full length ARCA rail, and a Atlas Bipod and I wanna say I came in under 10lbs...or I'm completely full of *%$!. :)

My 6.5 Cross, with NF 4-16, full length Area 419 Arca rail, and Atlas bipod weighs 10 lb, 12 oz.

Eliteii

FNG
I just wish the adjustable lop bracket/plate on the stock was made from aluminum instead of the steel to save some weight.

I just wish the adjustable lop bracket/plate on the stock was made from aluminum instead of the steel to save some weight.
With that plate so this it would most likely break. Im not sure there will be a great solution for that piece. In fact, most people have their LOP too long as they generally put the rifle to far out on their shoulder. If you are really behind the gun it will be a lot closer to midline than most people think and it would enable a shorter LOP for almost everyone.
With the stock thats coming you may not need more length at all, but you will be able to add the hardwear from the factory stock if you desire (both cheek piece and LOP hardwear).
As soon as machining is doe I will have more info and hopefully get permission to add some pics.

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
With that plate so this it would most likely break. Im not sure there will be a great solution for that piece. In fact, most people have their LOP too long as they generally put the rifle to far out on their shoulder. If you are really behind the gun it will be a lot closer to midline than most people think and it would enable a shorter LOP for almost everyone.
With the stock thats coming you may not need more length at all, but you will be able to add the hardwear from the factory stock if you desire (both cheek piece and LOP hardwear).
As soon as machining is doe I will have more info and hopefully get permission to add some pics.
How are the new Stocks coming along?

I’m excited to see what you’ve come up with. Really wish my Sig Cross was lighter. I was planning to let my kids use it this season, but it’s too unwieldy. Building an ultralight Solo 300 for 77 TMK instead.

They got cut 2 weeks ago and finished up. They are getting anodized now. This is so much slower than I would have thought.
Any more details you can share about these stocks? I’m thinking of selling my unfired First Lite Cipher 308 Cross unless I can significantly cut the weight.

Any more details you can share about these stocks? I’m thinking of selling my unfired First Lite Cipher 308 Cross unless I can significantly cut the weight.
We are in line for parkerizing at this time. Not sure why it takes so long but this whole process is a lot longer than I thought.
When I get the first batch in hand we have a few folks doing heavy testing for a short period. Actually short,, not Magpul next month short.

The Cross stock stock weighs about 18oz without the folding hinge. I was looking at replacing it with this one from PMM. The only issue is that a channel would need to be milled into it for the bolt to slide back.

mt100gr.

WKR
The Cross stock stock weighs about 18oz without the folding hinge. I was looking at replacing it with this one from PMM. The only issue is that a channel would need to be milled into it for the bolt to slide back.
Have you gotten your hands on one of these? How much clearance will it need?