Custom lightweight rifle?

Looking for recommendations for custom lightweight hunting rifles. Thinking 300wsm
Was going to go with a Christensen Ridgeline FFT Titanium but have heard some negative things

If you are going full custom your question should be which gunsmith to use.

They will build the rifle with input from you on what specs you want from the final product.

The Christensen ridge line FFT is not a full custom rifle since it is massed produced. It is a good value though as a real custom rifle will cost at least twice as much

Long Cut

WKR
What are you looking for in a custom rifle over a factory rifle with some upgrades?
Stock, trigger, barrel etc..

I attended the Western Hunt Expo this year and talked to a bunch of the big name custom rifle builders and got to handle a bunch of the rifles. Price point is a big one, do you have a budget? Do you know what glass you want to put on it? Do you want an out of the box deal or a build that you put glass on and dial in. Theres a ton of options and once you figure out what you want and what you want to spend you can whittle it down. Some of my favorites based on input from others who have shot their guns as well as speaking with them directly;

-Alterra Arms
-RBros
-Snowy Mountain
-Gunwerks

I think when I have the money I’m going to do a build through Alterra, since they are local for me. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the big names.

Looking for recommendations for custom lightweight hunting rifles. Thinking 300wsm
Was going to go with a Christensen Ridgeline FFT Titanium but have heard some negative things
I have owned a lot of CA, and currently have a ridgeline FFT in 280 AI. Awesome rifle, no regrets. They have an accuracy guarantee, so very low risk

B23

WKR
Not a custom, it won't cost what a custom does either, but is pretty damn light and they almost always shoot well is the Tikka Superlite. I have one in 300 WSM and it weighs right at 6lbs. They come with a 24.5 inch barrel but I'm having it chopped down to 22 which will put it a little under 6lbs. I'm not sure how some of y'all get these others so light. A 20in Sendero Proof barrel alone weighs damn near 3lbs all on its own.

madcalfe

WKR
Not a custom, it won't cost what a custom does either, but is pretty damn light and they almost always shoot well is the Tikka Superlite. I have one in 300 WSM and it weighs right at 6lbs. They come with a 24.5 inch barrel but I'm having it chopped down to 22 which will put it a little under 6lbs. I'm not sure how some of y'all get these others so light. A 20in Sendero Proof barrel alone weighs damn near 3lbs all on its own.
well your factory junk tikka stock weighs 28oz
a simple light weight stock upgrade like wildcat ultralight
plus cutting the barrel would probably put you in that 5.5lb range

SDHNTR

WKR
My custom .300 wsm is 6.5 lbs and I absolutely wouldn’t want it any lighter.

madcalfe

WKR
My custom .300 wsm is 6.5 lbs and I absolutely wouldn’t want it any lighter.
my gun ready to hunt is 8lbs 3oz with a kahles k318i (33oz scope) plus rings, rail, beartooth shell holder with 6 shells in it and foam underneath to raise the cheek weld, plus 3 shells in the mag and a Spartan bipod adapter on the forend of the stock. I have no problem spotting shots.

B23

WKR
well your factory junk tikka stock weighs 28oz
a simple light weight stock upgrade like wildcat ultralight
plus cutting the barrel would probably put you in that 5.5lb range
Oh you won't get any arguments from me on their factory stocks, they certainly aren't the greatest and as cheap factory stocks go the Tikka's aren't even the worst ones, there's others much worse even.

Is that 28oz for a Tikka factory stock include bottom metal and a mag, I say bottom metal but they're mostly plastic, or is that just the stock? I don't think I've ever weighed a Tikka stock.

Now the Defiance anTi SA weighs 20.6oz with no trigger and no bottom metal or screws. Your Proof barrel and brake is right at 3lbs. Only 16oz for stock, trigger, bottom metal and screws is very impressive.

OMB

WKR
If I was getting a custom, I’d get a titanium SLR from Boswells.
I've been putting some funds away with the intent of having Steve put something together for me, love how clean and no frills those rifles are.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've been putting some funds away with the intent of having Steve put something together for me, love how clean and no frills those rifles are.
That’s what I like about them too, nothing flashy just great quality.