Custom Knife Sheath

I received this knife from a hunting forum Christmas gift exchange and have always wanted to use it on game. The bulky leather sheath has always deterred me from packing it most places.

It’s not a lightweight, backpacking, game processing knife by any means but I’m fine with packing a few extra ounces to use it.

Not exactly a big knife nerd. Is there any way to get a lightweight sheath for this thing so I can pack it and use it?

1722653754448.jpeg

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
I would look into kydex. Easily formable with simple tools - heat gun or toaster oven and gloved hand or pieces of foam can do the trick. It’s light, has great knife retention, and doesn’t absorb any water. One thing I’d advise is to add a drainage hole/slot so any water can drain out and not be trapped against the blade.

N8H

FNG
I looked into kydex myself for a while. Not terribly expensive, and there's some really simple DIY setups that can have you building a sheath for dirt cheap. A couple YouTube videos and I felt like an expert.

Kydex.

I made myself a sheath, because I wanted something specific.

I've made a half dozen for friends since.

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
I make knives and sheaths for them.
If you’re looking for a leather sheath, you’re really not going to get anything any lighter than what you already have.
Kydex I believe is something that would help with the lighter aspect of it and with the different hardware that can be used helps make it a bit more adjustable to where you can carry it.