Custom Euro Mount Plaque

Mev002

FNG
Decided to make a euro mount plaque for the Red Stag I shot this past December.

I decided to do something a little different than a normal plaque, and got a little artistic with it.

I took some left over Walnut I had cut everything down to size and started playing. Used half lap joints on everything.

came up with this diamond shape. Simple yet unique way to display this Euro.

Let me know what you think.

b21500d6600dd6ccf317761123bda426.jpg

a9344d1d8dc207ab0bbdbcd95c6d8b05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been a huge fan of the standard looking oak plaques so reverted to skull hookers until I could figure something out. I like the idea and like the dark walnut against the skull. What did you use for finish and does the area get a lot of light?

OP
Mev002

Mev002

FNG
Never been a huge fan of the standard looking oak plaques so reverted to skull hookers until I could figure something out. I like the idea and like the dark walnut against the skull. What did you use for finish and does the area get a lot of light?

It’s just polyurethane for the finish.

No direct sunlight where it’s mounted, but there are large windows on the other side of the room.

It’s just polyurethane for the finish.

No direct sunlight where it’s mounted, but there are large windows on the other side of the room.

Thanks, Looks awesome and great looking stag!

pirogue

WKR
I think it looks good. Lot of uncommon ways to display, and some have as many memories as the hunt itself. I attached this muley to a piece of a sweet gum sapling, that my grandfather cut and hung in the hallway of his barn. I remember hanging bridles and halters on it, when I was a kid.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 34

pbaby

FNG
If I ever take out a trophy quality deer with my car, I'm putting the euro mount on a hubcap.