Sold Custom Cody Ballard Highwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraham1

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPF

Up for sale is a customized Cody Ballard 1885 Highwall rifle that I purchased from the original owner in 2014. He purchased it new directly from the Cody Ballard factory in 2002 in 45 2 7/8. It was a thin walled and blued receiver version with a single trigger. In 2007 he sent the rifle back to Cody Ballard with an original Winchester Highwall 38-55 barrel that he had them convert to 40-65. Lots of other work was also performed. I then sent the rifle to gunsmith John King to rework the barrel, stocks and other parts but found 40-65 was in the old land and groove of .394 and .406. I discussed this with John and decided to have him convert it to 45-90. He used a #3 Winchester profile Green Mountain barrel he had and marked the barrel like the original Winchester rifles. The work was completed in 2016, and I have all the paperwork from the original owner and John. The barrel under the forearm is marked by John.

Barrel is 30” with no rear sight dovetail. Front sight is windage adjustable (cannot recall the maker) and comes with numerous inserts. Rear tang sight is an elevation adjustable Axtell copy of the Winchester Graduated tang sight with Hadley eyecup. Forend has the Ebony insert with Schnabel tip and both stocks are reddish in color like the original Winchester wood. Buttplate is a steel checkered Winchester style and case colored, as is the receiver. All other metal is rust blued. The single trigger is crisp and smooth. Length of pull is 13.75” and overall length of 46”. Comes with extra firing pin and standard tang screw. I have never shot the rifle since receiving it back from John and it is in new condition.

Selling for $3400, a lot less than has been put into it, with free shipping. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No electronic payments or trades. Your FFL must accept from a private person. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.