Custom build snafu

It is amazing that nonsense that gets posted here lately. How the hell do you think he checked the headspace if the barrel wasn’t torqued up tight?
Imagine going to get a new set of tyres on your car and wheel were nuts all loose for ***** sake.

And further to that how would your consistency be with point of impact to point of aim with the barrel flopping around like that, and what about accuracy?
People don’t go to a custom gunsmith to get ******* rubbish like that after paying him an obscene amount of money when you could buy a piece of crap Ruger that would probably shoot better

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
It happens. One of the most well known and respected gun smiths out there sent a rifle to my dad with the barrel hand tightened.

It’s happened to me as well with a different smith.

OP
T

Tigg

FNG
It happens. One of the most well known and respected gun smiths out there sent a rifle to my dad with the barrel hand tightened.

It’s happened to me as well with a different smith.
It definitely does happen.

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
It is amazing that nonsense that gets posted here lately. How the hell do you think he checked the headspace if the barrel wasn’t torqued up tight?
Imagine going to get a new set of tyres on your car and wheel were nuts all loose for ***** sake.
There's a lot of stuff that goes on when building a rifle. If he got it cerakoted, the smith had to unscrew the barrel to spray it if he did it right. When reassembling, it's easy to forget one simple thing. Plus, most builders will thread and chamber the barrel and then take it off to thread the muzzle. OP stated he got a MBM brake, so I assume that to be the case.
Again, mistakes happen. This mistake was small as long as everything else works as it should, and as long as the rifle shoots well after he gets it back.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider

The only one spouting nonsense here is you. Shoot a few barrels out or actually take one of your rifles apart a few times and you may have a better understanding.