Custom Arrow builder?

Jason277

WKR
Hello all, Im curious whats online arrow builder do you use or do you just roll your own, so to speak? Trying to figure out if I should just buy a jig and do it myself.... Thank you in advance. Jason

I have used South Shore Archery and Black Ovis. Good results from both. Have also fletched my own, which I enjoy. Just depends on how you want to spend your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
I use the bow rack out of Oregon (there is a user here that works there, but am forgetting his handle) and also nock on (granted you use his sponsored gear).

Both have served me very well and have ordered several dozen arrows from each

TX_Diver

WKR
DIY or Hit or Miss Archery in Albuquerque. Black Ovis and I think RMS Gear in Denver can as well.

wapitibob

WKR
I use the bow rack out of Oregon (there is a user here that works there, but am forgetting his handle) and also nock on (granted you use his sponsored gear).

Both have served me very well and have ordered several dozen arrows from each

or archer I believe he's now in AZ

Another vote for getting the tools and do it yourself, it’s actually pretty fun, could save money, if you weren’t like me, and you know no corners were cut.

A bitz, a saw and a squaring device are the main tools, and a couple silver sharpies, from there it’s just components and shafts.

I procrastinated it a long time because the shop I use does a great job, but when I started shooting recurves a lot it became pretty necessary to build my own, and don’t know why I didn’t sooner.

To build the exact same arrows yourself, you could break even fairly quickly… it doesn’t really work out that way for me, because since I do it all myself, I can do all sorts of builds to try, and do, but a practical minded person could save some money building your own… even just refletching arrows you damage shooting, instead of growing a big pile of arrows missing a vane, or whatever

TheTone

WKR
I’ve had Lancaster build for me and was happy with the results. Really close to ordering some from black ovis to try. I need to break down and buy a saw and another fletching jig or two

Lancaster has been good for me. They even helped me with a variety pack - 2 each of five different arrow types when I was experimenting to see what would fly best.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I've ordered from Mountain-Archery with good results. Ended up picking up a Bitzenburger and a Decut Mini Arrow Saw to make my own. If you want quick, easy, and no thinking, the Arizona Mini Max fletching jigs will put 3 fletchings on at a time. If you want complete and total control, the Bitzenburger is probably the best value, it just takes longer since you're fletching one arrow at a time.

Building your own is kind of like reloading your own ammo, components are cheaper, but you spend more trying to find that perfect blend.

I ordered a set for wife and myself from Black Ovis and happy with the results and price. I have a jig now so I'll probably just do my own from now on. Black Ovis was a nice one stop shop though for piecing together everything I wanted without any hassle.