Crossover teen/women's pack?

Sled

WKR
So, my 13 year old son drew a LE rifle elk tag and a cow moose this year and the wife drew a cow elk. Now the kid is only a couple inches taller than the wife but he'll be out growing the pack by next year. So, my thought is to buy my 5'1" wife a pack that the kid will use this year. The question is, which small frame packs can do double duty for a season or two? Cost is a factor so I'd like to stay under $400, preferably less with discounts.

Alright I was wrong....he sold it.

But this guy still might have his for sale.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
So, my 13 year old son drew a LE rifle elk tag and a cow moose this year and the wife drew a cow elk. Now the kid is only a couple inches taller than the wife but he'll be out growing the pack by next year. So, my thought is to buy my 5'1" wife a pack that the kid will use this year. The question is, which small frame packs can do double duty for a season or two? Cost is a factor so I'd like to stay under $400, preferably less with discounts.
It’s going to be over $400, but Exo makes a pack for women and kids.

bow puller

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the small EXO 3200 for my 12yr old. Works great for backpacking and hunting, he loves it.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Exo (will have to call them) and will be over budget.

Western Edge Gear, not used them, but will come in right at budget and they look solid.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
The mini exo packs are awesome! A friend got one for his kids and they're a full quality smaller version of their packs.

Western Edge Gear makes quality packs geared towards smaller people. (Kids/women)

My kid used one for multiple years with zero issues. Now he is taller than me so he will use a full size pack this year. I use a Western Edge lid with my Kifaru. It’s a better design than the different Kifaru lids I have. And it’s held up just like my Kifaru pack/pockets/frame has.

I would definitely check them out since their packs hold up, are designed for your application, and I believe in your price range.

Here’s a pic when he was smaller than his mom still, with his first elk and Western Edge pack. It was about 1700’ gain and 2 miles to the cow.
A548C35B-C954-4E5B-80DD-2FDBB8009A6A.jpeg

Last edited:
My 14 yr old wears a Kifaru Shape charge xs belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro