CrossFit Open 2012

shanevg

WKR
Do any of you do CrossFit for your offseason training? If so are you doing the CrossFit Open this year?

IrishnId

WKR
I hit the Bear River Crossfit box 5 or 6 days a week depending on work schedule. But I do it to make hunting better for me. I aint got nothing on those Xfit games competitors!

OP
shanevg

shanevg

WKR
I don't have anything on the Games competitors either but the Open is for anyone at the gym. This year there are 55,000 athletes around the world competing. It's just a great way to compare yourself to other CrossFitters and see where you stand. I don't have any aspirations of being a "pro" CrossFitter, I just enjoy the workouts and how they augment my hiking, skiing, climbing, and mostly hunting!!!

I'm getting my crossfit certification level 1 in april of this year. I do it for hunting as well, along with overall health. I may just get into the competitions, we will see.

I have been looking into some of the CrossFit gyms in the area. How do you all like them especially for the price. Out here there is like 6 gyms in town and the best price is $100 a month for a 1 year commitment for an individual for my fiance and I is $199/mo (not much of a discount).

OP
shanevg

shanevg

WKR
I have been looking into some of the CrossFit gyms in the area. How do you all like them especially for the price. Out here there is like 6 gyms in town and the best price is $100 a month for a 1 year commitment for an individual for my fiance and I is $199/mo (not much of a discount).

My gym is $126/month with tax which is certainly a high price tag, but I find it well worth the money. The community you're working out with really helps you stay committed and get through the workouts. I can't speak highly enough of CrossFit!

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
I am starting crossfit on again on March 1st. I was in crossfit a few years ago and loved it, but at the time I was saving for my wedding so had to stop. Can't wait to get started! As for the open, not this year!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crossfit has some great workouts, but the cost of belonging to one of their boxes is outrageous in California. I Crossfit from the webstie and use the App Workout Hero to track everything. That App was $1.99 and has everything you need.

IrishnId

WKR
Our box here charges 60 for a single and 110 as a couple. The cost is more than worth it to me. Always having someone there to tell you your squat isn't low enough, I need to spread my stance,or keep your back curved properly is nice. Never was into lifting and it's nice knowing that my form is perfect so I don't have any injury.

OP
shanevg

shanevg

WKR
Our box here charges 60 for a single and 110 as a couple. The cost is more than worth it to me. Always having someone there to tell you your squat isn't low enough, I need to spread my stance,or keep your back curved properly is nice. Never was into lifting and it's nice knowing that my form is perfect so I don't have any injury.

I'm with you 100%. Unfortunately my gym is way pricier than that. Still worth it for me though.