Crossbow choice

CRJR45

WKR
  • Minimum limb width:17 inches (outer tip of limbs, excluding wheels and cams, uncocked)
    • Minimum peak draw weight: 100 pounds
    • Maximum peak draw weight: 200 pounds.
  • Minimum overall length: 24 inches from butt-stock to front of limbs.
Ya , that does narrow down the choices , sorry , I guess I was no help at all . But hey , I tried , LOL

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I own a few crossbows I have the Excalibur 360 TD which is one of the best bows ive owned. the ability to break it down for the pack in is hard to beat. Also the recurve limbs makes field servicing it amazing. I also have a Carbon express heritage recurve crossbow as well. They dont make them anymore but it is a really nice bow for the money. I personally am partial to the Excaliburs as if you have a problem at all, you can fix it on the spot in the field. All of the Compound ones all take a bow press of some sort and rely on timing of the cams and such. I dont want to have to deal with any of that.

OP
B
I own a few crossbows I have the Excalibur 360 TD which is one of the best bows ive owned. the ability to break it down for the pack in is hard to beat. Also the recurve limbs makes field servicing it amazing. I also have a Carbon express heritage recurve crossbow as well. They dont make them anymore but it is a really nice bow for the money. I personally am partial to the Excaliburs as if you have a problem at all, you can fix it on the spot in the field. All of the Compound ones all take a bow press of some sort and rely on timing of the cams and such. I dont want to have to deal with any of that.
I like the excaliburs as well. Unfortunately given NY max draw weight the recurve design doesn't seem to work. such a stupid regulation

I have a Barnett XP400. It is what we use for non-bow shooting guests on our property. It is very easy to cock quietly and the trigger is great. The Barnett branded bolts are less expensive than others and are pretty durable.
One thing to remember is that the faster your crossbow is the harder it will be to find a broadhead that will shoot well. Most just resort to mechanicals, but I despise them. Slick tricks have worked well for me.

Honyock

WKR
I have a Barnett XP400. It is what we use for non-bow shooting guests on our property. It is very easy to cock quietly and the trigger is great. The Barnett branded bolts are less expensive than others and are pretty durable.
One thing to remember is that the faster your crossbow is the harder it will be to find a broadhead that will shoot well. Most just resort to mechanicals, but I despise them. Slick tricks have worked well for me.
Are you shooting the small diameter "hyper" bolt? Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Hyper XP 405 and was wondering if you've had any issues with the smaller bolts.

manitou1

WKR
  • Minimum limb width:17 inches (outer tip of limbs, excluding wheels and cams, uncocked)
    • Minimum peak draw weight: 100 pounds
    • Maximum peak draw weight: 200 pounds.
  • Minimum overall length: 24 inches from butt-stock to front of limbs.
And... I believe you have to have a herd of no less than 15 elephants cross your backyard during a full moon at midnight.