Crispi vs Kenetrek

GET-SAUM

FNG
Does anyone else have an issue with the sole on a Kenetrek boot? I live on the coast so it’s very wet, and my Kenetrek boots are very slick when walking in these conditions. In my opinion, my crispis have much more traction in wet environments. Curious if people have the same issue?

Outside

FNG
I share your thoughts. Seems like Kenetrek’s soles last longer than the Crispi’s though.

Finn

FNG
I have only used Crispi with no slip issue. Do you have a preference with comfort/fatigue having used both? If it depends on the application that is good info too. I have been hearing a lot about people going to a really stiff sole even for situations that don't involve the more technical terrain.

I just got my first pair of crispi boots a month ago. I got the altitudes and they’re by far and away the best pair of boots I’ve ever owned. Obviously pricey, but they’re super stable and very comfortable. I have over 100 miles on them already and there is zero signs of wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firehawk

WKR
I had a similar issue with an older pair on Lowa Tibets. They were awesome boots unless it was icy, then they were flat out scarey. My Crispis are significantly better in those situations. But the Lowas wore like iron.

FH

OP
GET-SAUM

GET-SAUM

FNG
I have only used Crispi with no slip issue. Do you have a preference with comfort/fatigue having used both? If it depends on the application that is good info too. I have been hearing a lot about people going to a really stiff sole even for situations that don't involve the more technical terrain.
Comfort for me is with the Crispi, I just bought the new Briksdal MTN GTX and I love them. No fatigue at all and they are lightweight. Perfect for early season archery and for Fall hunting.

Crispi has been a bit hit or miss for me. Colorado was a big miss, Briskstal was a hit, altitude is just ok. Have owned one pair of zamberlians and they have been good

Might want to look into Schnees as well. I’m considering buying one of their boots since I’m looking for a higher boot with more ankle support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk