Crispi Thor lacing techniques

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a pair of Thors and noticing they don’t have any lace locking eyelets. I’m curious if anyone found a preferred way of lacing this other than the default way with the fabric eyelet. So far I much prefer the lacing system of the Laponia and Nevada to these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been wearing the Thors for probably 5 years now. I have lapponias, summits, colorados, hanwag makra combis but the Thors are clearly my go to. I do agree though, figuring out the best way to lace them is a bit of trial and error. Part of what I like about them is that they DONT have lace locks. Boots with lace locks, I tend to overtighten. I do a double overhand knot after the fabric eyelet to lock down the lower laces, then criss cross the top 2 metal eyelets.

Never had a blister in them, and I dont choke my feet out in the process.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been wearing the Thors for probably 5 years now. I have lapponias, summits, colorados, hanwag makra combis but the Thors are clearly my go to. I do agree though, figuring out the best way to lace them is a bit of trial and error. Part of what I like about them is that they DONT have lace locks. Boots with lace locks, I tend to overtighten. I do a double overhand knot after the fabric eyelet to lock down the lower laces, then criss cross the top 2 metal eyelets.

Never had a blister in them, and I dont choke my feet out in the process.

I’ve settled on doing a surgeons knot before the fabric loops. Helps keep the upper pressure how I want without adding pressure in the crease of the ankle. Never got any real heal slip. These things kinda fit like a ski boot in some ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk