Crispi Recommendations

btb1983

FNG
I’m looking to buy my first pair of Crispi boots. I am looking for something that I can wear mid-late season. I am a tree stand/ ground bling hunter in Indiana. Temps will be anywhere for 30ish to 0. I don’t have a long walk into the woods but looking for something g comfortable and will keep my feet warm!

Not really any Crispi boots made for those conditions, or hunting style. Crispi boots are made for steep terrain and hunting on the move. Not ideal for sitting in cold temps. Look at a 800+ Thinsulate boot like a Danner or LaCrosse.

I have tried on a pair of the Crispi Altitude boots. I plan on buying them for the 2024-2025 hunting season. They are very comfortable and wide enough for my very wide feet. They could be paired with a warm pair of socks, such as wool. Crispi also make pairs of insulated boots as well that would allow for a less thicker sock and more comfortable walk into the stand.

I would check out the Shimek. It is a 400 Gram insulated boot that is a 2 flex. It is very similar to our Lapponia series boots just insulated. The other option would be the Wild rock at 400g insulation and a 3 flex it won't be too stiff for the short walk and long sits.

Like previously stated, if you are dead set on a pair of Crispi's, the Shimek is probably your best option. But personally, I would suggest a different boot for stand/blind hunting. A pair of Lacrosse rubber boots with 800g insulation would suite you better. Im happy with mine.

pluckem

FNG
My experience with late season tree stand or blind hunting is all about blood circulation. I have used 2000g Thinsulate boots that have left my foot freezing after 30-60 minutes of inactivity. So the insulation spec isn’t the end all be all. Getting warm blood to your feet is what will keep them warm. Mountain or hiking style boots must be tight fitting to provide the support needed. Unfortunately, that also means unless the boot is absolutely perfect fitting it will have some spots where it limits blood flow when not moving. When hiking and your heartrate and blood pressure is higher it will mostly overcome this and cold feet won’t be an issue.

Id look for into a pack boot style for 0F weather and whitetail hunting. Cabelas TransAlaskan or Cabelas Saskatchewan boots have been a game changer for low activity cold weather. I live in ND so put them to use plenty. Sure they aren’t as light as my Crispi Guides, but they will keep me in the outdoors longer when not moving. I am still using the TransAlaskan. They are loose fitting and the kinda like a hybrid between pack boot and mukluk. The ankle and lower calf area is loose fitting, but that coupled with the insulation is what really keeps the foot warm.

One other thing to think about if you think the terrain or style of hunting necessitates more supportive boots than pack boots. Is find a boot that provided the best fit and then combo it with boot booties or a blanket. When you reach your destination you can also loosen the laces. Zip on the over booties or wrap in a blanket. I utilize this method with hiking 1-4 miles to a glassing spot, then sitting at that spot for extended time not moving.

Woolsocks

FNG
Agreed that crispi isn’t what you’re looking for. With that said, they just came out with a new Valdrez so the old version is on sale at a number of places. Pick up a pair at half price and see if you like the brand in general.

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used Crispi the last two years here in Colorado and they’re great for hiking and rocks. When I go east every couple of years to hunt whitetail I take 800g Danner’s. The warmth and comfort is perfect for static hunting. The stiff mountain style boots are great for miles of rough terrain but as much as I like them they are not the same as a soft flexible warm boot for long sits.

WhiteTree

FNG
I've just got my first pair of Cripsi boots from midway - Crispi Valdres Plus GTX - on sale. I'd definitely recommend them if they have your size. They may be the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, not just boots.

Primarily an Eastern whitetail hunter and I run the Schnee Extreme Pac Boot for the rut (~mid November here in CT) through late season and would highly recommend these or a comparable high insulation pac boot for this type of hunting. You can add thinsulate footbeds for added warmth. I prefer these to a full rubber slip on boot, The rubber portion of the pac provides some level of scent control with the comfort of a leather upper (easier to walk/get on and off).

Crispis are great - I like the Altitudes and Guides - but I only wear mine in the stand early season September - once it cools down I switch to pacs..

Crispi boots would cost a lot and keep your feet cold doing that type of hunting. Just get some cheaper and better insulated boots with a grippy sole for the climbing and use boot blankets.

Maybe even change out socks once you are in your stand if your feet have sweated.

Do not buy your boots too small or your feet will freeze.

Good Luck! (I own a bunch of crispi boots amongst other brands which I use in CO but if I went back home to the midwest to hunt in a stand crispis are not what I would take.)

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of uninsulated crispi guides that I wear for stand/blind hunting in IL. I have a pair of arctic shield boot covers for when I sit for longer periods. That is the way to go.