Crispi Lapponia III

SwankB22

FNG
What’s everyone’s thoughts one crispi lapponia? Do they run small or big? Do you notice in any heel slip?

Looking for any help, being from Ohio there’s not many stores close to try on boots and test fit them. Going out to Montana in fall. If there are any other options on other boots people have had luck with that be great. Looking for any advice.

jbelz

FNG
I have the Lapponia and it's recommended to go down half a size. They're probably my favorite boot, especially with the updates on the III.

10ringer

WKR
Following.
As much as I liked the Lapponias, wasn’t able to use them because of the large toebox and heel slip. I own several pair of crispies and they fit way different than every other pair I own. Fingers crossed version three fits inline with their other models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a 9.5 in everything else Crispi (and most other shoes/boots), but sized down to 9 in Lapponia II and Attiva. Ultimately, just too much room in the toe box on the Lapponia IIs. Felt like a boot version of Altra Lone Peaks. If you like Altras, youll likely like the Lapponia.

Did they change anything besides the sole and midsole on the III?

nobody

WKR
Love my Lapponia 2’s. I swear they were cut to fit my foot perfectly. I’m an 11 in everything I wear, and wear an 11 in the lapponias as well. I first listened to everyone on the internet and bought them in a 10.5, but after wearing them for 2 minutes it became obvious they were too small, so I swapped to the 11. I have a narrow heel and wide forefoot and the lapponia is the proverbial “chef’s kiss” for me and is the only boot I’ll wear anymore. But it’s not cut to fit everyone’s foot, without question.

I do feel that if you need to size up or down to “make a boot fit,” you’re buying the wrong boot for your foot. There’s lots of great boot options available, so it’s just a matter of trying different options to find the perfect fit. Scheel’s has painless returns and unbeatable customer service, I would say order a couple different sizes and models and return what doesn’t fit.

I purchased a pair of Laponias III (size 9) 2 weeks ago. Decent Vibram soles and comfortable out of the box fit like my well worn Colorados. No issues so far. I would recommend them for Spring to early Fall hunting. I've always had good luck with Crispi boots.

I wear a size 42 (9) in nearly all boots. I had to drop down to a 41 (8) with both the Lapponia 2’s and now the 3’s.

I didn’t keep the 2’s and still deciding on the 3’s, so can only comment on initial assessments.

Attachments

• IMG_3683.jpeg
    IMG_3683.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 17
1/2 size up from my Brannock size on most all the Crispi's including the new Lapponias.
The Lapponia is like a moccasin with a vibram sole, love them for sneaking aorund.