Crispi Hunter >>> Crispi Guide

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Comparing the two right next to one another, albeit only within the house, I was shocked at how much more comfortable the taller hunter was compared to the guide. Hear me out.

My hunting buddy and I just ordered new Crispi boots for our first Elk hunt (WY) this fall. I ordered the Hunter and he ordered the guide. We wear the same size, so this presented an ideal situation for a direct comparison when there’s no place local where I could try them both on.

I over analyzed it comparing the pros and cons and selected the taller Hunter over the guide expecting that I would have a less comfortable boot. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Let me be clear that there was nothing wrong with the guides. They would have made a great boot had I not had the opportunity to compare it to the hunter. The guide fit like I had a 1” rigid band around my lower leg. The top would dig into my leg when it bent in a comfortable way if that makes sense. It wouldn’t have been a problem, but it was noticeable. The hunter fit like I had a high ankle sports wrap. The upper boot felt like it was integrated into my leg like some science fiction novel.

Has anyone else had this experience? Am I crazy? Should I expect something different in the field? Is it just a case of how it fit my leg length vs others? If I’m not crazy why are the hunters not more popular?

IMG_7921.jpegIMG_7920.jpegIMG_7922.jpegIMG_7923.jpeg

Love my Crispi boots. I had the Hunter, then bought the WildRock, which is basically the same boot as the Hunter, but not as tall. I sold the Hunters, and use the WildRock exclusively. I think the Guides are a little more stiff, so I didn't try them. I wanted comfort.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Love my Crispi boots. I had the Hunter, then bought the WildRock, which is basically the same boot as the Hunter, but not as tall. I sold the Hunters, and use the WildRock exclusively. I think the Guides are a little more stiff, so I didn't try them. I wanted comfort.
the hunter is stiffer than the guides. I believe the guides are a 3 and the hunters are 4.

The hunter is my favorite boot from crispi, the guides dididnt impress me too much.

OP
T

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
the hunter is stiffer than the guides. I believe the guides are a 3 and the hunters are 4.

The hunter is my favorite boot from crispi, the guides dididnt impress me too much.

Stiffer, as in the sole? I thought the Hunter, Guide, and Nevada were all the same base boot with different heights?

On Crispiusa website, they describe the Guide and Wildrock as having a 3flex rating, and the Hunter as having the 4 flex rating (making it a little stiffer). I find the Wildrock more comfortable than the Hunter.