Crispi Colorado - Semi-live boot review

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone!

Kendall hooked me up with a pair of their brand new Crispi Colorado boot to review for the next few months. I just received the boots today and my initial impressions are what I’d hoped for.

I first need to give Kendall and the company a huge thank you because they went above and beyond getting me a pair to try. They had already distributed out their size 9 inventory, other than their show demo pair. Not wanting to take away a size for customers to try on, Kendall actually called the factory in Italy and had them make up a pair for me. I certainly don’t think I’m special, but it’s a good example of the service and support that you can experience with Crispi. I’m sure you can all appreciate the extra effort that they did not have to give.
cc22c46ffacd88d91124eeb6b9c2be1e.jpg
6bb1b297fd354e2135d6b83572ec2efe.jpg
a344864a61440a132f6a027e22ce8287.jpg
98d573b978a013b4b21e8033f00e40cd.jpg

The boots are pretty stiff, similar to the Thor’s that I used a bit last year but not quite Briksdal stiff. The fit is narrow but comfortable for me, I believe the Briksdal is even more narrow. The Thor’s were almost too wide in the toe box for me, I couldn’t get the lacing tight enough to keep my foot in place. I don’t see that being an issue with the Colorado’s just looking at the lace design. I also really like the ABSS in the Colorado’s. I have a bad ankle, so the stiff boot combined with extra ankle support really helps. I put together a video broadly comparing the Colorado, Thor, Briksdal and Wyoming boot.

I’m super pumped about these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

GPool1842

WKR
Awesome! Very interested in these boots. Looking forward to following along to hear more as you break them in.

Evergreen

WKR
Jordan- If you can, after wearing for a bit revisit the width please. It sounds like you have similar width feet as I do. Briksdahl is my favorite for width, Thors too wide for my feet so the Colorado maybe the answer to my spring/summer boot.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
So excited they added another 4 flex.
How do you think the fit is compared to the Wyoming?

Definitely more stiff and more narrow on the fit. They’re just a different boot. I’m personally not a fan of the Wyoming’s for high country stuff. Mostly because of the flex. A lot of guys love them though.

Definitely more stiff and more narrow on the fit. They’re just a different boot. I’m personally not a fan of the Wyoming’s for high country stuff. Mostly because of the flex. A lot of guys love them though.

I have heel problems so super stiff boots rub me raw. Much as I like them in other ways I've had to give up on mountaineering style boots.
The Wyomings have been a great comprise and I'm hoping a 4 flex wont tear me up.
Just wondering if I should order same size as my Wyomings or jump a half size.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have heel problems so super stiff boots rub me raw. Much as I like them in other ways I've had to give up on mountaineering style boots.
The Wyomings have been a great comprise and I'm hoping a 4 flex wont tear me up.
Just wondering if I should order same size as my Wyomings or jump a half size.

I would roll with the same size. I personally don’t change sizes at all with the Crispi line. So far.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
When can we expect some more feed back after you have tested them for a while?

The review will be done late spring. Ill start wearing them a lot more later this month and through the spring. Anything in particular you’d like to know? I legitimately don’t have any complaints on the boot so far. They have been an awesome fit for me.

KC34

FNG
The review will be done late spring. Ill start wearing them a lot more later this month and through the spring. Anything in particular you’d like to know? I legitimately don’t have any complaints on the boot so far. They have been an awesome fit for me.

I have been anxious to see some reviews and hear the pros and cons of them. I have the insulated version of the Nevada's and love them. I was looking to try some with a little more stiffness and non insulated, and liked the looks of the Colorado's.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will this boot be available in a wide? If so I’ll hold off on buying another pair I was looking at.

Yes it’s going to be available in wide sizes. Estimated time for purchasing is mid April.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been anxious to see some reviews and hear the pros and cons of them. I have the insulated version of the Nevada's and love them. I was looking to try some with a little more stiffness and non insulated, and liked the looks of the Colorado's.

From what they told me a couple weeks ago I’m the only one that has a pair to review so far. Last year I wore their Briksdal boot and liked them a lot. The Colorado boot isn’t quite as narrow as the Briksdal but they’re still more narrow than some other Crispi boots I’ve had like the Thor and Wyoming. For a 4 flex boot they have a really nice rocker to them and aren’t too loud when walking and flat ground.

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
From what they told me a couple weeks ago I’m the only one that has a pair to review so far. Last year I wore their Briksdal boot and liked them a lot. The Colorado boot isn’t quite as narrow as the Briksdal but they’re still more narrow than some other Crispi boots I’ve had like the Thor and Wyoming. For a 4 flex boot they have a really nice rocker to them and aren’t too loud when walking and flat ground.

You say they are going to have a wide version? I need a 9 1/2 double EE is that going to be available?

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
How's the toe-box. Crispi's tend to have a generous toe-box which IMO, is a good thing.

It’s more narrow than the Wyoming and Thor boot toe box but not as narrow as the Briksdal. I felt the Thor and Wyoming toe boxes were too sloppy for me, especially in rough country. They narrowed up the toe box in the Colorado’s to a really comfortable place for me. Not as snug as the Briksdal but not as roomy as the Wyoming. It’s a comfortable width to me.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
You say they are going to have a wide version? I need a 9 1/2 double EE is that going to be available?

Yes they’re going to have a wide version. I’m not sure on the EE. Kendall just told me that there will be wide sizing available. I would imagine EE would be an option as some of the others with wide sizing has that one available.

I'm pretty sure Black Ovis has the boot on the site. They just show out of stock.
But you can read the description and check sizing.