Crispi Colorado and Leaks

Luked

WKR
Looking to get new boots this year.
I have ran Lowa Tibets for about 3 years now and they do ok but looking to get something a little lighter in weight.
I have the oprion to buy Crispi boots for a really good price and have been looking prety hard at the Colorado.
The thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is I have heard some say they leak after not much use.

For those that have used the Colorado boot what is your opinion on them leaking.

CB4

WKR
Had mine for 4 years and have well over 300 miles on them between hunting and hiking. Never had a leak. I do retreat them every August.

199p

FNG
Same above except i go through my boots every year or so as i run the tread off them and they end up looking like racing slicks in no time. I am in the hills on the regular tho and use them for hunting small game on a few farms.
Never had an issue with them leaking i just use a waterproofing spray that I apply from time to time.

Legend

WKR
Looking to get new boots this year.
I have ran Lowa Tibets for about 3 years now and they do ok but looking to get something a little lighter in weight.
I have the oprion to buy Crispi boots for a really good price and have been looking prety hard at the Colorado.
The thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is I have heard some say they leak after not much use.

For those that have used the Colorado boot what is your opinion on them leaking.
First pair was good. Wore the sole off first.

Second pair I bought in August this year and they never made it through September. The warranty was smooth but that doesn't solve soaking wet and freezing feet for a week.

Also the new model colorado had some serious QC issues and material was sized way different on the same pair (left shoe vs right).

I use this pair but not sure if they are going to be my next purchase.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
First pair was good. Wore the sole off first.

Second pair I bought in August this year and they never made it through September. The warranty was smooth but that doesn't solve soaking wet and freezing feet for a week.

Also the new model colorado had some serious QC issues and material was sized way different on the same pair (left shoe vs right).

I use this pair but not sure if they are going to be my next purchase.
That is the thing that I am concerened about.
I want something a little different from my Lowas.
My brother got some Han Wags and really likes them and I really like the look of the Han Wag Makra Pro GTX
But like the look and what I see from the Crispi other than some of the issues I have heard about them leaking.
Makes me a tad leary of ordering Crispi.

matthewmt

WKR
Tibets are definitely a heavy boot. Have you looked at the crispi Nevada? It seems like a lighter option while keeping that leather/rand style which is a durable combination imo.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ShakeDown

WKR
Mine leaked after 1/2 a season. Crispi told me to send them in, they tested and sent me a new pair.

Last edited:

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
I own the original boots about 7 years old. Wore them out no leaks. Treated every year.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had mine through 3 seasons and many hundereds of miles while hunting the rainforests of Washington and a LOT of rain. No leaks yet and they are wearing pretty well. I’m very impressed. The only negative I have is the toe box is pretty narrow and I should have gotten a half size bigger.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the original Crispi Colorado boots for a couple years, no leaks. I also bought and train with a used pair of Crispi Summit GTX 11 and purposely go out after a heavy snow storm and found no leaks yet either. The only time I remember of water intrusion was when I didn't have gaiters on after a heavy rain storm and walked through waist high wet grass so the water just ran down my light hiking pants and into my boots so it wasn't a boot failure. I hope their new products hold up as well as their older boots.