Crispi Briksdal MTN in later seasons and snow vs all leather

I hate to start a thread on this but I’m struggling to find a boot since I just discovered a leak in my old Zamberlains and need a boot for second rifle CO elk and MI rifle later seasons. I’ve ordered and tried Kenetrek, Schnees Beartooth, and newer Zamberlains - all seem too much volume or too much material at the top. All had heel slip. I have flat narrow feet and Briksdals fit the bill where it doesn’t look like the laces are pulling together and touching, plus my heel doesn’t slip ( all with aftermarket insoles). I lean towards leather for later season, and don’t want insulated really. My question is - does anyone with experience in the new Briksdals feel they will hold up in wet snow and cold temps ( being synthetic) - or any other suggestions. I know I’m running out of break in time!

OP
S
Thanks to @utahuplandmuley - your review answered my question about late season and snow! Great review. I should have dug around a little before posting. My quest for a low volume leather boot continues!

louisianahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
What did you settle on? I'm looking for a new boot similar to the Briksdal. I want something flex 3, preferably lighter than the current Lowa Tibets I have, and I'm thinking leather. I'd be open to synthetic but I keep seeing mixed reviews about how much the leak. Looking for something to be my early to 2nd rifle boot. Something that can handle some snow, but not necessarily an insulated late season boots.

Drowe6

FNG
What did you settle on? I'm looking for a new boot similar to the Briksdal. I want something flex 3, preferably lighter than the current Lowa Tibets I have, and I'm thinking leather. I'd be open to synthetic but I keep seeing mixed reviews about how much the leak. Looking for something to be my early to 2nd rifle boot. Something that can handle some snow, but not necessarily an insulated late season boots.
I wore the Crispi Briksdal uninsulated last year for Colorado second season and my feet almost froze off. I was wearing the heavy darn tuff socks.

croben

WKR
I wore these October and November last year and had no issues. Synthetic dries quicker, breathes better, and is often lighter than leather. I never had issues with them leaking.

2-Stix

WKR
I have 3 crispis all feel great, all give me heal blisters and if I use lukotape and never get a bliser. Might try Kens eventually.

OP
S
I wore the Crispi Briksdal uninsulated last year for Colorado second season and my feet almost froze off. I was wearing the heavy darn tuff socks.
We were out second season as well. When we got there the peaks in the Weminuche had no snow and it was 70 degrees. Opening day it snowed and rained then got really cold in the teens- my feet froze in my all leather Kennetreks. Was wishing for insulation but all good when I started moving again.