Craziest mountain flying video you’ll ever see!

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
people blame it on bad judgement after the fact of doing something really stupid.

if i was his boss he's fired for life.

Last edited:

ganngus

WKR
The video gave me a similar pit in my stomach like watching the Fairchild AFB Airshow video.

3forks

WKR
I saw that video someplace, then watched the video TaperPin posted with the running commentary, and I’m floored that the guy made another attempt to get over the divide.

If the commenter in the video has all the flight info from the guy’s flight (everything but the pilot’s name) the school that rented the guy the plane has to be aware of what occurred, right?

If I was that guy and lived through a mistake like that, I’d have landed that plane back at the airport and would never pilot another plane again or even get on a commercial flight… I figure after something like that, you’re living on borrowed time.

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
I saw that and read the comments in the article...the maneuver never should have been necessary! The commentary was pretty spot on. Shocking he continued on the way to his final destination in my town. This guy probably flew over my house on his final approach!

Wrench

WKR
I was in a bonanza coming over the brooks and we lost a lot of lift almost instantly. My pilot knew it was coming....but it still sucked.

jayhawk

WKR
Glad he’s safe now and nothing disasterous happened. Hopefully he (and we) learned how not to do it next time.

Stay safe and best of luck in your flying career

Beendare

WKR
A down draft like that caused a an Otter to crash in Kodiak right before a flyout we did about 20 years ago…then aian on another flyout in BC.

We came over a pass on one hunt and I could see the altimeter needle on the Beaver spinning like crazy, yep pilot said, we are dropping FAST.