Coyote kill and cook

TheGDog

WKR
I have always wondered what coyote tasted like, but never ate it because I never had to.

you read in the history of the pioneers where they were out of food, and the snakes were everywhere and the wolves were following them and eating the dead. Why not eat the snakes and wolves? I have yet to read about any of them eating them. Just thought I'd share that....
Wasn't it Lewis and Clark where they mentioned their fondness for the availability of coyote on their journey out west? Can't remember which explorers specifically it was, but I remember the story was how they ended up eating a lot of coyote and something or other else that didn't sound all that appealing either.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Wasn't it Lewis and Clark where they mentioned their fondness for the availability of coyote on their journey out west? Can't remember which explorers specifically it was, but I remember the story was how they ended up eating a lot of coyote and something or other else that didn't sound all that appealing either.
When they got out to the left coast, the natives were eating salmon.
Said the L & C guys preferred the natives dogs to the salmon.

TheGDog

WKR
When they got out to the left coast, the natives were eating salmon.
Said the L & C guys preferred the natives dogs to the salmon.

That's a shame that there are soo many people out there that seem to not appreciate something as awesome as salmon.

Mojave

WKR
We have a running joke based on road kill coyotes that nothing eats a road killed coyote. So why would we eat one.