Cougar Boot Hunting Stories!

Hey Guys!

New here, so I wanted to post this up and see if there were any Cougar stories you would let me post on my website?!?!

One of the things I do, in my efforts around predator hunting - focusing on Mt Lions - is I collect and post non-hound Cougar hunting stories.

Any Mt Lion hunting encounters without dogs, I want to post on my page.

If you're already familiar with my page, and last 3 "A" stories are fairly new.

Please let me know if you have a story to add! I'd love to post it!

THANK YOU!!

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Guys!

New here, so I wanted to post this up and see if there were any Cougar stories you would let me post on my website?!?!

One of the things I do, in my efforts around predator hunting - focusing on Mt Lions - is I collect and post non-hound Cougar hunting stories.

Any Mt Lion hunting encounters without dogs, I want to post on my page.

If you're already familiar with my page, and last 3 "A" stories are fairly new.

Please let me know if you have a story to add! I'd love to post it!

THANK YOU!!
Man, I purchased your sounds a year ago and did tons of research on cats along with your information you provided me.

Last year I was in deep buttes in North Dakota using your lion vocals and right at dark I had a cat vocalize with the call. It caught me off guard at first, it sounded just like my call. I looked down thinking dang I must have hit a button. But I recently just turned the call completely off. I glassed the creek bottom I was calling over but it was just to dark at this point.

It made for a hair raising hike back out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
rainshadow1
Ha! Nice! (Yeah, imagine that video that's been going around... but in the DARK!!!!)

• Banned
OP
rainshadow1
Posted another story on my call in story page... O32

This one is a little different, but it's something that I've heard of happening repeatedly, so it needs to be covered!

Check it out! - O32

• Banned
OP
rainshadow1
HS Football coach visits friends, they go cat hunting, he runs the stand with his ICOtech and RainShadow sounds.... and he goes 2 for 2 on lion stands (even though he didn't do the shooting!)

No, that isn't 'typical' either!

I told him, someday he'd have the satisfaction of having 30 dry stands in a row... but he's just a beginner, so he can't expect to get to that level immediately!

I will post the story as soon as I get it from the shooter!

• Banned
OP
rainshadow1
Just Posted R21. Great story by the young hunter, and great post-shot video by the Coach!

Distress and 3 different RainShadow vocals, predominantly "RS S Live Whistles" brought in a young cat. Great story! Lots of fun interacting with these guys over the past couple weeks!

Enjoy!

NDGuy

WKR
Now that I have read through some of your website's stories, you could replace the animal with a rowdy older woman and it would still make sense to me haha

Cool idea sir, I like reading through some of these hair raisers!

OP
rainshadow1
I've been noticing that the call in story page is getting quite LONG!

One thing I've found that you can do to consume it is to have your computer or device read it to you. That way you can reload, or drive or whatever.

You have to kinda focus to get much out of the robot voice, but it does work.

For the computer, for instance, you go to the page, click where you want to start, and then right click, and then click "Read Aloud" or press Control and Shift and U at the same time.

Just a little life hack!

OP
rainshadow1
Just reviving this because I'm seeing a lot of random Archery and Muzzleloader season Cougar Kills on social media and local hunting forums... I'd sure love to get a short story and a pic if you kill a Lion!!!

i'm not sure if you have any of my stories, but if not, you should have them.... you have been an incredible resource! when i start telling people about your cougar package, i start sounding like a paid shill, haha.... i have spent a lot of money related to hunting, and i can't think of any money more well spent than on your cougar calling package.... i hunted lions and researched what i could find, but when i found your page, that was a turning point in my lion hunting.... let me know if you have my stories (mike ashmon) and if not i will type them out for you.

got a non calling incidental BIG tom tonight.... a failed bear hunt turned to improvised success

Attachments

• 74EFA7C7-7449-42B4-90B7-96ADC9E217A8.jpeg
    74EFA7C7-7449-42B4-90B7-96ADC9E217A8.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 36
OP
rainshadow1
i'm not sure if you have any of my stories, but if not, you should have them.... you have been an incredible resource! when i start telling people about your cougar package, i start sounding like a paid shill, haha.... i have spent a lot of money related to hunting, and i can't think of any money more well spent than on your cougar calling package.... i hunted lions and researched what i could find, but when i found your page, that was a turning point in my lion hunting.... let me know if you have my stories (mike ashmon) and if not i will type them out for you.

got a non calling incidental BIG tom tonight.... a failed bear hunt turned to improvised success
Hey Mike, I did a text search and I don't have your name or roosiebull... anything else you would have put them under? I'd love to post them! Please let me know?

Just posted A-31... Cougar responding to a nighttime Bobcat stand!