Costco trekking pole reviews?

Loper

WKR
I've had a set of them. Pretty good for the price but the noisiest poles I've ever used. Always seemed to have an internal rattle going on. Other than that, they did what trekking poles should do. My REI poles made by Komperdell have been going for 8 years so I haven't been experimenting much outside of them. Ymmv

I've had a set of them. Pretty good for the price but the noisiest poles I've ever used. Always seemed to have an internal rattle going on. Other than that, they did what trekking poles should do. My REI poles made by Komperdell have been going for 8 years so I haven't been experimenting much outside of them. Ymmv

Do yours have a elastic cord running through them that allow you to fold them like tent stakes? My buddy has this style and they are super noisy mine are flick lock and aren’t noisy.

wildcat33

WKR
Picked up a pair after reading this thread, broke the tip off on the first trip. Barely jammed the end in some rocks, nothing that hasnt happened with previous poles without incident. So my impression is they are pretty light duty and decent if you are careful. Ill likely get my money back and go back to BD.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Do yours have a elastic cord running through them that allow you to fold them like tent stakes? My buddy has this style and they are super noisy mine are flick lock and aren’t noisy.
No, they were the flip-lock versions. I won't own a set of the folding poles. I gave mine to a friend of mine and as far as I know he's still using them.

Loper

WKR
No, they were the flip-lock versions. I won't own a set of the folding poles. I gave mine to a friend of mine and as far as I know he's still using them.

I wish my friend would give his away. The noise from his poles are so annoying.