Core 4 element pants

KMT

WKR
Camofire has the pant on sale for $129.50 today. I haven't been able to find many detailed reviews of the product in these or other forums. If you have have used these pants and can provide any info on how they compare to Kuiu, Sitka, or Kryptex pants, I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you.

I had their element pant and used them all last season. LOVE them... the zip-vents on them are effective, they are quiet, fit well, and I really like the removable knee pads! Can't go wrong with them imho. Pretty sure they are comparable to the Sitka and Kuiu... You'll find very little if any negative reviews on them, especially for the price!

Mike

OP
K

KMT

WKR
Thank you for the info. I didn't want to get a "bargain" on pants that would fall apart after a few days in the hills or that would be my last choice to wear on any given day.

I wore 2 pairs last year. I loved them but the crotch seemed to hang a bit low and i blew out the crotch in both. I had the lighter element pants that compare directly (in my opinion) with the ascent pant from sitka. While i feel that the ascent is better built, the element was more comfortable for me. I have not personally used the switchback pant but have hunted with a guy that does. they fit way way better than my 90% pants do, but they are very different (lighter)

I was actually waiting for weeks for the dang things to come back on to camofire and i was going to buy at least 3 pair.....then i got too anxious and bough the sitka mountain pant. My plan was that if the core 4 stuff came up shortly after i would return the mountain pants. When the mountain pants arrived i fell in love. they were the perfect weight for me, sitka quality, and fit perfectly. I think they are the best pants i have ever tried.

I have not tried the kuiu ones, because i tend not to shop 14 months in advance of my hunting season.

you cannot go wrong with core four stuff, i have tons of it and love it. Just like my sitka mountain pants better.

OP
K

KMT

WKR
I ordered a pair of the element pants. I hope that they aren't too heavy and warm for Colorado's September archery season. Hopefully the critch doesn't hang down around my knees. It seems that a lot of pants are made that way.

I also wanted to try the Kuiu attack pants, but like Squeekislayer, I'm not going to
shop a year ahead of time for anything. It seems like kuiu could double their sales if they actually made and stocked a product line.

ive been wondering about these myself as ive shed a couple lbs and my ascent pants are fitting loose and well, pretty close to worn out anyway. i think the other sitka pants are too heavy for me and same with the kuiu. been looking alot at the kanab too.

Got both the Element Jacket and Pants and used them on a 5-day Idaho spring bear hunt. Rained I think 4 of the 5 days on us. Stuff is very comfortable.
Water resistant but not water proof, although when it does get wet it also dries very quickly. It take quite a bit of rain to get 'wet'.
I'm very pleased with the gear and have acquired more since....

sk1

WKR
ive been wondering about these myself as ive shed a couple lbs and my ascent pants are fitting loose and well, pretty close to worn out anyway. i think the other sitka pants are too heavy for me and same with the kuiu. been looking alot at the kanab too.

well if you're worried about too heavy, core4 offers the switchback pant which is lighter weight than the element pant....neither of which I have ever seen in person, but their switchback is their lightest weight pant but I cannot tell you personally how they compare to sitka ascent/kuiu

OP
K

KMT

WKR
I ordered the C4E Element pants on Tuesday and received them last night. My initial impression is positive. For roughtly half the price of Sitka's 90% pants, the Elements seem to have all of the same features and initial quality. I haven't hunted with them, so I can't speak to their long term durability. But here are a few thoughts. Features include: zippered lower leg and draw string cuffs, thigh vents, two way stretch material, easily removable knee pads, suspenders, and useful pockets (unlike Kryptek pants). The pants I ordered ran true to size. If you order some, measure your waist with a tape. Levi and other manufactures tend to understate waist size by 1-2 inches.

The Element is a heavier pant, which is why I mentioned the Sitka 90% earlier. I will not wear this pant in late August or early September when elk hunting in Colorado since the day time temps can reach upper 70s to low 80s, even at 9,000-10,000 feet. C4E has a Switchback pant that is designed for warmer weather hunts. I don't have that pant, but Camofire is putting it on sale today.