Copper Spur UL 2 for a 6'4" tall Person

warrbuk

WKR
I was wondering if any tall folks are using the Copper spur 2 man as a one man tent and if its long enough?

Thanks
Mark

gelton

WKR
I use one and am 6ft and its fine for me. At 6'4 though somethings his going to be brushing against the tent - either the foot box of your bag or your head. I think it will work for you but it will be snug.

I am 6'5" and had a copper spur UL1. I generally am a side sleeper so I am a bit curled up but I was able to fit. It was a tight fit though. I gave that tent away to a family member and now I just use a 10'x10' tarp which is way lighter and more versatile.

I am 6'5 and owned a Fly Creek UL2 for a very short period of time. It was a nice tent but way to small for me. Now I have a mega tarp, it's a mansion when comparing the two.

Last edited:
I have a copper spur UL2 and pitched it inside the house and slept for a couple nights inside the house to try it. I packed it up and ordered a sawtooth and haven't looked back.

My copper spur sits inside the closet and does nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Copper Spur 3 would be a much better option. Or a Light Heart Gear soLong 6

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The CS UL2 is listed at 90" in length, but in reality it measures 84". But the vertical walls make it very doable. I'm 6'6" and it works fine for one.

OP
warrbuk

warrbuk

WKR
Thanks for the replies, I ordered the 2 man version and will see how it works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'4 found it alittle tight. Returned it and got tarptent double rainbow, great lenght for a tall person and enough room to keep your gear in with you

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nero Dagger 2p is another option for those following this discussion. Hornet 2p is the UL option, Dagger is just a few oz heavier than the CS