Sold Cooper 92 Backcountry .300 Win Mag w/ Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50 4Wi Scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Folks, I'm going to be moving a couple of Cooper 92 Backcountry rifles. The first one is a 300 Win Mag. It's in near-new condition. 24" fluted barrel. Weighs 5 lbs. 12 oz. This one has the black stock with grey webbing. Round count is 167 +/-. It is wearing Cooper pic bases, and I will be including the Nightforce Ultralight titanium 30mm rings in medium height. I'm the second owner. The first owner worked up a 1/2MOA load of 180gr projectiles. I had Reeds Custom Ammo load me up some 165gr SST loads that shot a little over 1/2MOA. It is an earlier model 92 and I sent the rifle back to Cooper to have the new bolt installed. The photo of the receipt and 1/2MOA test target is shown below in the photos. There are no issues with this rifle. I just need to move a couple of rifles to make room for some projects Karl Kampfeld is working on for me.

The Swarovski Z8i 2-16x50mm 4Wi scope is also for sale. It is truly the best glass I have ever looked through and I've owned some high-end glass. I settled on the Z8i for all my rifles. This one is in as-new condition. It ships with the original Swaro box, clear banded lens covers and manuals. If you want a BTF turret kit for it, I have one available I can sell you. If you prefer the BRXi reticle over the 4Wi, I have that scope in 2-16x50mm as well and will sell it to you instead of the 4Wi.

Prices: Rifle with $175 Nightforce rings is $2,400 shipped. The Swaro can be purchased for $2,500. I'll sell the package for $4,800 shipped.

I'm hunting out of town this week so I might be a little slower responding to inquiries. The second rifle I'll be listing this weekend is a Cooper 92 Backcountry in .264 Win Mag in woodland camo. I bought it new and approx. 30 rounds fired for barrel break-in. Both rifles ship in Cooper boxes.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions or want more pics. This is cross-posted. Thanks for looking.

Keith

Edit: I've had several people write to me asking why I had the bolt replaced in this rifle. Cooper had a recall on all the early Model 92's due to a machining error that might cause the bolt to decock. Here is a good Rokslide post on the recall situation. The new bolts have a different fluting design making them easily recognizable as the correct new bolt. My .264 Win Mag is a new rifle and has the correct bolt.

IMG_1336.jpgIMG_1353.jpgIMG_1338.jpgIMG_1342.jpgIMG_1355.jpgIMG_1361.jpgIMG_1346.jpgIMG_1370.jpgIMG_1341.jpgIMG_1358.jpg

Last edited:
OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Willing to listen to trades. If you want to work a trade plus cash on the rifle or scope and I can sell your trade item, it’s all the same to me in the end. Money is money and we both win.

Keith

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
On what basis would you value a trade? The Cabelas Gun Library guy told me pre-pandemic wholesale for mine and in-pandemic retail for theirs. I laughed right in his face. Fools abound all around us. 2 months later now, they still have that rifle I was interested in. That's why there needs to be an understanding on what "fair" valuation is.

OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm fairly in tune with market values. But if you present something I'm not familiar with, there are several ways to get to the market value. I don't play games. It's purely market value vs. market value. None of that "must be in my favor" crap, or putting a higher than market price on a gun for trading. There are a lot of folks here, at LRH and 24HCF that have bought, sold or traded with me. It's all transparent and fair. This is a hobby and my reputation is much more valuable to me than any firearm.

Keith

OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Up top with new prices.

Rifle with NF rings: $2,400 shipped
Rifle with no rings: $2,300 shipped
Swarovski Z8i: $2,400 shipped
Entire package: $4,750 shipped