Cooler set ups

How many total qts or cooler space does everyone run to haul a deboned elk, and bone in? No elk tag for myself this year but good luck to all out there getting after it right now 🤘🏻👊🏻🇺🇸

Tsimms

FNG
Two 120 qt coolers for my bull last year. With some ice of course.

Also, do NOT put your meat directly against ice. Not sure if that's in the video, but very important.

Blocked ice/frozen jugs with cardboard on tpp, meat on top of cardboard.

Guys need to check out those Hello Fresh and similar meals.. I'm using some of the insulation and ice packs they use in my coolers now. Works great!

The last elk I took to the processor was 220lb with bones in the four quarters. Frozen and packaged, it filled a 120 quart enough that I couldn't put the lid on it.

A good sized bull that my buddy killed filled a 150 quart. I think it was 275lb bones in.

I hadn't heard of Cordova coolers, but thanks to your post, I just put one of their 128s on my wish list.
We have a few of them, very very top end coolers imo. Extremely durable as well. The back story behind the company is also interesting (NRA support), and made in the USA.

The little goat feet trademark they have is also true to description, they wont slide in your rig rallying around the fire roads, we did 48mph across the lake for 3 miles last week with 1 on the front of the bow too😂

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If the meat is already cooled down completely I can fit a whole bull, bone in, in my 210. With 12 or more frozen gallon jugs in there still. If it's not completely cooled off I don't stack all that meat on meat. This last week I just put two rears side by side in the 210 and used my 170 for both fronts and all the other meat. With a lot of frozen gallon water jugs in each. I like to have more cooler space then not enough. Been on the other side of that and had to bone out because I didn't bring enough cooler. Never making that mistake again.

I filled my 210 cooler with gear going out this year and the 170 was completely full of frozen gallon jugs. Last year I used my 170 and 110 and it also worked great .